On this page we have a index of all UK hospital and also we try to bring you the latest news on medical negligence from around the UK.
Hospital Negligence Claims – What Are The Most Common Causes?
Medical negligence in a hospital can take many forms. It’s important to be aware of what can be described as hospital negligence as claims being successful can depend on whether or not your injuries were actually caused by negligence. An injury or illness sustained in a hospital is not necessarily negligence. It must have been caused by a medical professional not administering the minimum standard of care required.
We have included some examples below of instances where you could be eligible to receive hospital negligence claims payouts.
- Medication errors – This can cover an array of scenarios. One example could be that you are prescribed the wrong medication. Another could be that you are given the wrong dose. Alternatively, it could be that you required medication in order to recover and you were not prescribed any. All of these occurrences could have a negative impact on your health.
- Misdiagnosis – The medical professional who treated you may have ignored certain symptoms or missed them altogether. If so, this could result in you being told you are healthy when you are in fact suffering from an illness or injury. The lack of treatment you’d then receive may result in your health being affected.
- Surgical errors – There are certain errors in a medical setting that are deemed to be serious and avoidable. Unfortunately, they still do. They’re known as “never events”. One instance of this could be a surgical procedure being carried out on the wrong patient. Alternatively, the wrong part of the body may be operated on, despite it being the correct patient.
Negligence in a hospital can occur in various ways. The list above is not complete, there are other examples. If you wish to make a negligence claim against a hospital, get in touch with our advisors today.
Learn More About Hospital Negligence
Find resources below to learn more about hospital negligence claims.
- Medical Negligence Assist Home
- To learn more about claiming compensation for poor care in a hospital, head here. You can find examples of potential negligence, compensation payouts and details on how our No Win No Fee solicitors can help you claim.
- Ipswich Hospital negligence
- Whiston Hospital negligence
- Birmingham Women’s hospital negligence
- The John Radcliffe hospital negligence
- Royal Derby hospital negligence
- St Bartholomew’s hospital negligence
- Royal Surrey hospital negligence
- Manchester Royal Infirmary negligence
- Operation negligence claims
- The Royal Liverpool Hospital compensation amounts
- Orthopaedic Surgery Negligence
- ENT Negligence
- Spire Hospital Negligence
- Hospital negligence claims explained