On this page, you will read a guide to using medical negligence solicitors in Camden who could process a compensation claim on your behalf. In the following sections, you are going to read about some of the forms that medical/clinical negligence can take, and why if you become the victim of it, you could be able to make a claim.
Every claim is fairly unique, and we may not have answered every question you have about your own claim in this guide. If this is so, one of our claim advisors will be able to give you the answers that you need, they will also explain how our panel of medical negligence solicitors can cover the Camden area and can assist you in getting the compensation you are entitled to. Please call us on 0800 652 3087.
Choose A Section:
- How To Choose A Solicitor If Affected By Medical Negligence In Camden
- Should I Claim With A Medical Negligence Solicitor In Camden?
- Do You Have A Panel Of Doctors To Carry Out My Medical Exam?
- How Important Is It To Look At Reviews Of Solicitors?
- Types Of Medical Negligence Cases
- Birth Injuries Or Cesarean Section Negligence
- Medical Negligence At Camden Borough Hospitals
- Negligence In Surgery
- Neglect At Old Age Nursing Homes / Care Homes
- Negligence In Diagnosing And Treating Cancer
- Negligence By A GP In Camden
- Dental Negligence
- Camden And Islington NHS Trust Negligence Statistics
- How Do No Win No Fee Claims Work?
- Hospitals In The Borough Of Camden
- Talk To Our Team Today
- Reference Materials And Medical Services
How To Choose A Solicitor If Affected By Medical Negligence In Camden
Finding a medical negligence solicitor can be quite daunting if you have never had to use one in the past. With this in mind, we have complied a list that could prove useful in your search, please see below:
- Social networking websites could be a good place to ask for recommendations.
- Online review sites should allow you to evaluate a group of legal firms.
- Friends and family may have recommendations for you.
- One of your co-workers may be able to recommend a solicitor to you.
All of these are great ways to get a head start in your search for a legal firm. However, they will, of course, still require some effort to undertake. We can provide you with a much simpler, option. You can speak to one of our claim advisors on the number at the end of the page. They will explain to you how our panel of expert medical negligence solicitors can assist you. You will also be able to discuss the medical negligence claims time limit will, and potentially get an estimate of how much your injury claim might be worth, rather than using a generic personal injury claims calculator.
Should I Claim With A Medical Negligence Solicitor In Camden?
You may be wondering, “is there a requirement for me to use medical negligence solicitors in my area?”. We are happy to tell you that there is no legal requirement at all that which says you must use Camden solicitors or any other solicitors based outside that area or close to you. The only reason to use a local firm, is if you want to. A much more important factor, is how capable the solicitor you choose is, and if they have a high success rate in cases that are similar to yours. Therefore, the location should have little effect on your decision. You can always use the phone, email, webchat, etc. to keep in touch with your solicitor.
Do You Have A Panel Of Doctors To Carry Out My Medical Exam?
Something that you can do to prepare for making your personal injury claim, is to get yourself examined by an impartial doctor. This can prove the extent of the harm that you have suffered. We can actually arrange for you to have a free medical examination in London, from these doctors:
|Hassan Mehdi (Medco)||Orthopaedic Outpatient||London||NW10 7NS|
|Central Middlesex Hospital|
|David Suppree||Ravenscroft Healthcare Suite||London||NW11 8BB|
|166-168 Golders Green Rd|
How Important Is It To Look At Reviews Of Solicitors?
Reading and comparing medical negligence solicitor reviews, is a good way to build a shortlist of legal firms that might be suitable for processing your claim. If you do decide to give this method a try, be sure that you compare information such as:
- How long ago the review was published.
- The kind of claim the review covers.
- Whether the claimant won compensation.
- Whether the claimant had a good experience.
- How much the legal team charged.
Information like this, is going to help you find the solicitors with the best reviews. However, it will still take some time to go through this process. You might not have time to give this a try, and if this is the case, we can help. Just give our claims team a call, and they will explain how our claims service can hook you up with the right solicitor to process your claim.
Types Of Medical Negligence Cases
There are many kinds of clinical negligence that a medical negligence lawyer may need to process a claim for on behalf of a patient. However, the patient will need to have actually suffered some form of harm, in order for them to be eligible to claim. For example:
- A mother or her baby is injured, due to negligence during childbirth.
- Accidents at a hospital caused by negligence, resulting in harm to a member of the public.
- Mistakes made in an operating theatre, that injure the patient.
- Negligent care in a residential nursing home, leading to a resident suffering harm.
- Wrongful or late diagnosis of cancer, leads to the patient’s medical condition becoming worse.
- A GP fails in their primary care role, and this causes a patient’s medical condition to worsen.
- A dentist, through negligence, injures a patient during a dental procedure.
Birth Injuries Or Cesarean Section Negligence
Childbirth is not without natural risks, but these risks can become much more threatening if negligence occurs during childbirth. In the UK our,pediatricians, midwives and nurses are trained to deal with all of the complexities that childbirth bring. However, if the standard of care that is reasonably expected drops for one reason or another, it could cause the mother to baby suffer avoidable injuries such as:
- To the mother:
- Permanent scarring.
- Perineal tears as a result of improper use of forceps.
- Retained placenta.
- To the baby:
- Cerebral palsy (and similar conditions).
- Death due to Hypoxia.
- Permanent scarring or disfigurement.
- Cuts, bruises and fractures.
Medical Negligence At Camden Borough Hospitals
All hospitals are busy and we accept that medically trained staff work extremely hard to ensure that all patients are treated effectively and efficiently. In most cases this is true, however it is possible for the the negligence of staff, causing standards to slip resulting in medical negligence. If you have received treatment in Camden Town and believe you were a victim of gross medical negligence then please contact us to discuss further. Some examples of hospital medical negligence could include:
- Poorly applied treatment causing an injury to heal ineffectively.
- Errors made when prescribing medication, causing an allergic or adverse reaction in the patient.
- Exposure to radiation or harmful chemicals during medical tests, causing health issues.
Negligence In Surgery
Surgery always exposes the patient to some level of risk. However, the risks become higher when negligence is added to the mix, for example:
- Surgical appliances are left inside the patient, for example, retained swabs .
- Anaesthetic is administered negligently, causing an adverse reaction
- Medical care after the operation is lax, and the patient suffers from surgical site infection.
All of the above, any more are examples of when surgical staff, fail to provide the correct level of care and this has caused avoidable harm to the patient resulting in further, unnecessary illness and/or injury.If you are injured due to negligence during a surgical procedure, or during aftercare, you could have a valid reason to make a claim.
Neglect At Old Age Nursing Homes / Care Homes
Each care home in the UK, must comply with Health & Safety guidelines and all legislation that relates to resident care and safety. This is intended to protect residents from harm caused by negligence. When care home staff fail or omit to comply with said regulations, this can lead to undue harm coming to patients and could result in avoidable illnesses and injuries. An of such could be failing to turn a bed bound resident and not treating their pressure sores correctly which has resulted in a life threatening infection such as Sepsis. A further example could be, improper use of a hoist or lifting techniques that have resulted in the resident being dropped and one or more of their bones being fractured. Unfortunately, there are further examples of negligence in a care or nursing home. If you or a loved one have suffered and live in the area of Camden, please contact us today.
Negligence In Diagnosing And Treating Cancer
The rapid diagnosis and treatment of cancer is required to give the patient the greatest chance possible of recovering fully. If health care professionals fail to provide the standard of care that is reasonably expected of them and this results in a late or misdiagnosis then a cancer patient may have grounds to make a personal injury claim. A medical professional breaching their duty of care by failing to follow up on test results, or misdiagnosing the treatment completely, could lead to a critical delay in the patient receiving treatment, which could result in their condition worsening, or even their death in extreme cases. If you believe that you have a valid claim for cancer medical negligence, please seek free and impartial advice from one of our legal advisors.
Negligence By A GP In Camden
Your GP has two very important healthcare roles they are expected to fill, and these are:
- To diagnose minor illnesses and injuries, and provide treatment, including the prescription of medication.
- To diagnose a serious illness, and refer the patient to the correct healthcare unit for treatment.
When a GP fails to do so, and this has caused their standards to slip below what is reasonably expected of them in their role, it can lead to a patient going without the correct treatment, and their medical condition becoming worse. In this case, it could be possible for Camden personal injury solicitors to process a claim on behalf of the patient who has been harmed.
As with any medical professional, all staff in a dental surgery have a duty of care toward patients, and are expected not to cause harm. When this duty of care is not met due to negligence, it can result in injuries such as:
- The loss of healthy teeth.
- Infections of the mouth or gums.
- A fractured or chipped jawbone.
- Cuts, lacerations and scarring.
Camden And Islington NHS Trust Negligence Statistics
The table below, shows data related to NHS negligence in the Camden area:
|Healthcare Provider||Claims Received (2017/18)||Number of Incidents (2017/18)||Damages (£)|
|Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust||*||0||28,396|
(* means less than 5)
Data for this table was taken from the following online resource:
How Do No Win No Fee Claims Work?
If you choose to make a claim with our panel of medical negligence solicitors, they will be able to provide you with a No Win No Fee agreement which means that if you have a valid claim and it is unsuccessful, you will not have to pay any of your solicitors fees. If you claim is successful then a fee of up to 25% will be deducted from your damages. If you have more questions regarding a No Win No Fee claim, or you wish to discuss your options, please do not hesitate to contact us today.
Hospitals In The Borough Of Camden
Talk To Our Team Today
Have you been harmed by the negligent actions of a doctor or other medical professional? Do you need to find a good personal injury solicitor to help you make a claim? If so, talk to our claims team on 0800 652 3087. They will explain how our claims service can help you get the compensation that you could be eligible for.
Reference Materials And Medical Services
University College Hospital
235 Euston Rd
Opening hours: 24 hours.
The following links could be of use:
You may also like to read these other guides:
Edited by Charlotte.