This guide has been put together to assist you in choosing a medical negligence solicitors in Chester or those that cover the Chester area. By reading this guide, you will learn about many of the different forms that clinical negligence can take, and also why you yourself could be eligible to make a claim. We will offer some advice on how to find a good legal team to process your claim for you, and explain how our panel of expert medical negligence solicitors can also assist you.
You may have additional questions, the answer to which is not provided in this guide. If this is the case, you can speak to one of our team of experts on 0800 652 3087. They will be able to give you the answers that you need, as well as explain how using a claims service can be a good choice, when seeking negligence compensation.
Choose A Section:
- How You Could Find The Right Solicitor For A Medical Negligence Claim
- Types Of Medical Negligence Claim Our Team Handles
- Should I Choose A Solicitor By Experience Or Location?
- Should I Research Testimonials From Previous Claimants?
- Our Panel Of Doctors Could Assess Your Injuries In Chester
- Cerebral Palsy And Other Birth Injuries
- Surgery Errors Including Plastic Surgery Negligence
- Hospital Negligence Claims
- Nursing Home Injuries And Neglect
- General Practice Doctor Malpractice
- Cancer And Oncology Negligence Claims
- Dental Claims
- Instances Of Medical Negligence In Chester Area NHS
- No Win No Fee Clinical Malpractice Claims In Chester
- Chester Area Hospitals
- Contact An Expert Advisor
- Helpful Links
How You Could Find The Right Solicitor For A Medical Negligence Claim
Finding a good solicitor to process your claim for you can be a challenge, especially if you have never experienced injuries similar to this. There are a number of ways you can simplify the process, for example:
- Talk to your family and friends, to find out if they can recommend a solicitor.
- Speak to your work colleagues and ask if they have any recommendations.
- Post to social networking sites, asking whether any of your social contacts can recommend a solicitor.
- Find an online review site that has published reviews of solicitors.
All of these are entirely valid methods. However, we can offer you an alternative, that is much simpler. We offer our panel of medical negligence solicitors who can cover the Chester area as a simple and effective way to have your claim processed. You can call one of our expert legal advisors the contact number is at the bottom of this guide. They will be able to give you important information such as the personal injury claims time limit that will apply in your own case, and tell you what may be included in a medical negligence settlement as this maybe more useful than using an online personal injury claims calculator.
Types Of Medical Negligence Claim Our Team Handles
Medical negligence can take many forms. However, in order for a person to be eligible to make a personal injury claim, the following three statements will need to be true:
- The medical professional involved had a duty of care towards the claimant.
- This duty of care was breached, which led directly or indirectly to the claimant being harmed.
- The breach of the duty of care could have been avoided.
Some examples of the kinds of clinical negligence that a person could claim for if they are harmed because of it, include:
- Surgical negligence causing avoidable injuries.
- Incorrect prescription of medication, causing an adverse reaction.
- Care or nursing home abuse or neglect.
- Errors made during a dental or cosmetic procedure, injuring the dental patient.
- Wrongful or late diagnosis, leading to a delay in treatment, and the medical condition worsening.
- Negligent errors made by a GP, causing a person to receive the wrong treatment and allowing their current condition to deteriorated.
- Negligent birth injuries
Should I Choose A Solicitor By Experience Or Location?
There is nothing stopping you from using a local solicitor to process your clinical negligence claim for you. However, there is no legal reason to do so; you are free to use any legal firm you wish, with no restriction on location. Alternatively, you could research medical negligence solicitors who specialise in an area similar to your case. Having a legal team with greater knowledge and expertise may mean that they are more capable of succeeding in your case. Due to the variety of ways that people can now communicate, the location of the solicitors does not have to be a priority.
Should I Research Testimonials From Previous Claimants?
If you can find an online review site that has published a number of reviews of different legal firms, you could use this information to start building a short list to assist in choosing a suitable personal injury solicitor. When you are reading the different reviews, keep track of information such as:
- How long ago the review was published.
- The type of claim that was made.
- Whether the review was good or bad.
- The kind of fee structure the solicitor offered.
- What percentage of the settlement was taken as a fee?
Information like this, will help you compare different solicitors and select the best ones. However, if you don’t have time to go through this process, we can offer you a short cut. If you speak to one of our team members on the number down at the bottom of this page, they will explain how our panel of medical negligence solicitors can take your case on, on a No Win No Fee basis.
Our Panel Of Doctors Could Assess Your Injuries In Chester
In order to make a successful medical negligence claim, an independent medical expert is required to provide an assessment in relation to your injuries. The medical assessment forms an important part of your claim, allowing your legal team to value your injuries.
Medical experts that may undertake your assessment in the Chester area are:
|Stephen Grant Charlesworth-Jones||Belgrave Medical Centre||Chester||CH4 9EP|
|Eccleston House, Park Lane, Cuckoos Nest|
Cerebral Palsy And Other Birth Injuries
Midwifes and Doctors are professionally trained to deal with all different types of births, therefore we should feel confident in their abilities should a complex birth take place. If standards during the birth of a child are allowed to fall below what they should be you or your child could be caused avoidable harm due to a breach of duty caused by a medical professional.
Examples of injuries causing avoidable harm to you or your baby during childbirth are as follows;
- Perineal tears.
- Damage/Fractures the pelvic floor muscle.
- Retention of placenta causing a avoidable infection.
- Fractured bones.
- Misuse of forceps which could cause disfigurement or long-term scarring.
- Brain damage caused by hypoxia.
- Medical conditions such as Cerebral Palsy or Erb’s Palsy.
If you or your baby have suffered adverse injuries as a result of medical negligence during childbirth in the Chester area, then our panel of medical negligence solicitors could help you make claim. Please contact us and speak to our legal advisors using the number provided at the bottom of this guide.
Surgery Errors Including Plastic Surgery Negligence
All surgical procedures, whether they are emergency, elective or cosmetic do not come without risk. From time to time medical negligence could occur and unfortunately lead to harm being caused to you as a result of errors, oversights, omissions or carelessness of the medical professionals involved. Below you will find examples of where avoidable harm could have been caused due to surgical medical negligence;
- Errors made by an anesthetist during the administration of anesthesia.
- The removal of an incorrect limb during surgery.
- Medical instruments being left inside the body and potentially causing infection and a further unavoidable illness or injury.
- Inadequate post-op care causing physical problems with the patient’s recovery.
Hospital Negligence Claims
We are lucky to have one of best health care systems in the world, however, busy hospitals and over worked staff could potentially lead to incidences where patients are harmed due to medical negligence. Unfortunately, there are different ways in which a patient could suffer from malpractice by hospital staff, if the service that is being provided is substandard some of which are listed below;
- Mistakes during an X-ray or MRI scan leading to overexposure to radiation.
- Pharmaceutical errors, causing the patient to be harmed due to taking the wrong medication.
- Improperly applied treatment such as a plaster cast, exacerbating an injury.
If you have suffered an injury or illness due to medical negligence as a result of hospital care and your claim is valid then our panel of medical negligent solicitors who cover the Chester area could help you. Please contact us for more information
Nursing Home Injuries And Neglect
Every nursing or care home must comply with all legislation that relates to providing a safe environment for its residents. All staff are required to be trained to a high standard so that they are able to deal with the complex nature of each resident. When this level of care slips, due to negligence on the part of one of the care home staff, and it has resulted in harm to a resident, then our panel of medical negligence solicitors may be able to advise you if you have a valid claim for compensation on the behalf of yourself or a loved one. Improper care, such as abuse of residents by staff in nursing or care homes along with negligent care causing adverse effects to the residents could form a claim for medical negligence. Other examples of medical negligence in care homes or nursing homes may include; incorrect prescription doses, causing further harm to the health and well being of a resident. If you or your loved one have suffered illness or injury as a result of medical negligence then please contact our legal advisors on 0800 652 3087 to discuss further.
General Practice Doctor Malpractice
Your GP acts as the gatekeeper to the health system so you will rely on them to provide the correct care in relation to your symptoms or to refer you to a specialist if they are not able to treat your condition. If a GP does not follow their code of conduct and breaches their duty of care, this could potentially lead to the occurrence of medical negligence and cause injuries or illness that could have been avoided otherwise.
An example of this is if a GP prescribes the wrong medication, or the wrong dosage of a medication, causing the patient to become ill. A negligent misdiagnosis of injuries, or failure to act (referral to the correct specialist) on symptoms beyond their realm of expertise could result in a GP providing inadequate heath care to their patient and causing them to suffer more than they need to. As a consequence of this, a patients condition could worsen and there could be long standing or permanent effects to their health that would not have occurred if the correct treatment had been administered earlier.
These are just some examples of the way a GP could cause harm to a patient through medical negligence if they breach their care of duty. If you have been harmed at the hands of your GP and have suffered unnecessarily, you could be able to make a claim.
Cancer And Oncology Negligence Claims
Cancer is an illness that requires prompt treatment. When this treatment is delayed due to a misdiagnosis or a late diagnosis, it can have life-threatening consequences for the patient. It is the duty of cancer specialists to provide a patient with the correct treatment for their type of cancer and if this is not done then it could cause adverse effects on the patients health that they would have not suffered had the correct treatment been administered.
You could be entitled to compensation for medical negligence if you have a valid claim for avoidable harm caused to you or your loved one as a result of malpractice. Our panel of medical negligence solicitors will be able to advise you of your rights to make a claim
A dentists and the people working in a dental surgery are required to comply with all of the same rules and regulations as a doctor, relating to the level of care they provide. Negligence at a dental practice could lead to injuries such as;
- A fractured or chipped jawbone.
- Lacerations or bruising to the lips, cheeks, neck, etc.
- The loss of healthy teeth.
- Damage to the gum, or an infected gum.
- Long-term scarring or permanent disfigurement.
You could make a claim for dental medical negligence using our panel of solicitors if you can prove that you have been a victim of malpractice in a dental surgery that has caused you unnecessary harm or injury that could have been avoided had the correct procedures been followed.
Instances Of Medical Negligence In Chester Area NHS
The table below, gives details of occurrences of negligence in the NHS in the Chester area:
|Healthcare Provider||Claims Received (2017/18)||Number of Incidents (2017/18)||Payments Made|
|Countess of Chester Hospital NHS Foundation Trust||50||*||£11,535,928
All data for this table was taken from:
No Win No Fee Clinical Malpractice Claims In Chester
By using a No Win No Fee claims service, you will not have to pay any fees to your solicitor should your claim be unsuccessful. The solicitor charges nothing to begin your claim, or while they are processing it. A fee agreed between you and your solicitor will be deducted at the end of a successful claim for all works carried out by your solicitor. If you would like to make a No Win No Fee claim through one of our panel of expert medical medical negligence solicitors then you can use the number located at the bottom of this page.
Chester Area Hospitals
Contact An Expert Advisor
Have you been harmed due to a mistake made by a medical professional? Do you need a medical negligence solicitor to help you to make your claim? If so, speak to one of our team on 0800 652 3087. They will explain how a claims service could be the right choice.
You may find these external links of use:
You may also find these additional pages on this site useful:
Edited by Charlotte.