Medical Negligence Solicitors In Huddersfield
On this page, you will read a guide to choosing a team of medical negligence solicitors who could cover the Huddersfield area to represent you. We cover information on some of the ways that negligence occurs, and how this can lead to a patient being harmed. We also take a look at why you could be eligible to make a claim, and how to start looking for a good legal team to process it for you.
If you don’t have time to search for an experienced legal firm yourself, we can offer you an alternative. If you speak to a member of our panel of expert medical negligence solicitors on 0800 652 3087, they will explain how a No Win No Fee claims service can provide you with a simple, financially risk-free way to have a medical negligence claim processed on your behalf.
Choose A Section:
- How Do I Choose the Right Clinical Negligence Claim Specialist?
- Should You Use A Local Clinical Negligence Solicitor?
- Reviews Of Medical Negligence Lawyers And Solicitors Covering Your Area
- You Could Be Medically Assessed By Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Huddersfield
- Types Of Negligent Medical Care Your Could Claim Compensation For
- Malpractice Or Negligence In A Hospital
- Hospitals Serving The Huddersfield Area
- Nursing Home Neglect Or Abuse
- Misdiagnosed Cancer
- Mistakes By A Surgeon
- Birth Injury Negligence Claims
- Negligent General Practice Care
- Dentist Malpractice Claims
- Incidents Of Clinical Negligence At NHS Facilities In Huddersfield
- No Win No Fee Huddersfield Area Medical Negligence Claims
- Start Your Claim Today
- Further Guides And Advice
How Do I Choose the Right Clinical Negligence Claim Specialist?
The process involved in finding a good personal injury lawyer can be challenging, especially if you have never dealt with a solicitor before. This guide offers some advice on how to start your search. For example, all of these are effective ways to start looking for a personal injury solicitor:
- Talk to your friends and family members to find out if they can recommend a solicitor they have used
- Reach out to your work colleagues and co-workers, to find out if they have any recommendations
- Use an online review platform to compare reviews of different solicitors
If using any of these methods does not bear fruit, we have another option you could consider. Our panel of medical negligence solicitors can cover the Huddersfield area, they can explain how a No Win No Fee claims service could be a good option. They can also give you an estimate of how much medical negligence compensation you could claim which would be more accurate than an online personal injury claims calculator. The solicitor would also explain which personal injury claims time limit may apply to your medical negligence claim against a responsible third party.
Should You Use A Local Clinical Negligence Solicitor?
There are no legal requirements to use a local firm of solicitors to process your personal injury claim for you. You are free to use any solicitor, their location has no bearing on your choice. So, unless you can find a local clinical negligence solicitor to act on your behalf, you are probably best off looking further afield when searching for specialist negligence solicitor. This could potentially have a direct effect on the amount of compensation you receive, and increase the chances of your claim being successful.
You can stay in touch with the solicitor by email, telephone, web chat, Skype or by other means no matter where in the UK they are based. To find out more please get in touch with a member of our team today.
Reviews Of Medical Negligence Lawyers And Solicitors Covering Your Area
You can find an online, community-driven reviews platform, that publishes medical negligence lawyers reviews and you could use this resource to start building a shortlist of potential legal firms that may be suitable for processing your claim. If you do go down this path, be sure to make a note of key facts such as:
- Is the review new enough so that it is still relevant?
- Was the claim itself similar enough to your own to be relevant?
- Was the claim successful or not?
- Is the review positive or not?
- What kind of fee structure did the solicitor offer, and what was the percentage of the settlement that they took as a fee?
Once you have gathered all the pertinent facts for a number of different legal firms, you can compare them to find the most suitable. However, this tends to a long-winded process that is time consuming. If you would like to learn about a quicker way to get the legal representation you need, speak to a member of our team on the telephone number provided at the top of the page.
You Could Be Medically Assessed By Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Huddersfield
We are often asked, was my medical care negligent? To answer this question we recommend you seek advice from an impartial medical professional, who would assess whether your injury or illness could be the result of negligence. This would involve undergoing medical examination and the results would be submitted as evidence to support your claim. We can arrange for you to have a free medical examination in the Huddersfield area, from the following doctors:
|Rehana Rehman||Thornton Lodge Surgery||Huddersfield||HD1 3SB|
|60 Thornton Lodge Road|
|Majella Okeahialam||116 Fitzwilliam Street||Huddersfield||HD1 5PH|
|Vikesh Kashyap||The Enterprise Centre, NDNA||Huddersfield||HD2 1GQ|
|Afshan Jahanzeb||Wellfield House||Huddersfield||HD3 4AL|
|33 New Hey Road|
Types Of Negligent Medical Care Your Could Claim Compensation For
There are many ways that a person could be injured through the negligence of a medical professional which could be grounds to process a claim. The key thing to note here is that some form of harm (physical or psychological) must have been caused by the negligent act of the person responsible. For example:
- A mistake made by a nurse working at a hospital resulted in a patient being injured
- A negligent care worker in a nursing home, allowed a resident to come to harm in some way
- A cancer patient was misdiagnosed or wrongly diagnosed, leading to a delay in their treatment, which caused them harm
- Surgical errors made by a surgeon or a member of the theatre team, that led to the patient being injured
- Injuries to either a mother or baby, due to negligence during the birthing process
- Mistakes made by a GP, that led to a patient receiving the wrong treatment, or not receiving treatment rapidly enough, that caused their medical condition to worsen
- Errors made by a dentist or a member of the dental nursing staff, that caused harm to a dental patient
These are just some examples of the way people could be harmed through the negligence of a responsible party. No matter how you were harmed, if negligence was the cause, you may be able to claim compensation for your suffering and out of pocket expenses.
Malpractice Or Negligence In A Hospital
A busy hospital, staffed by overworked medical professionals, could lead to care levels dropping below an acceptable standard and could lead to a patient being harmed due to negligence. For example:
- Incorrectly administered treatment (such as a plaster cast) causing an injury to worsen
- Mistakes made when administering medication, leading to an illness or an allergic reaction
- Inadequate supervision on a hospital ward, allowing a patient to become the victim of an accident such as a slip, trip or fall
These are just some examples of how people could be injured through hospital negligence. There are, of course, many other ways a patient may come to harm. If negligence was the root cause, a medical negligence solicitor may be able to process a medical negligence claim against the responsible party.
Hospitals Serving The Huddersfield Area
Huddersfield Royal Infirmary
Tel: +44 1484 342000
Opening hours: 24 hours.
BMI The Huddersfield Hospital
Birkby Hall Rd
Tel: +44 1484 533131
Nursing Home Neglect Or Abuse
Every nursing or care home must comply with multiple levels of legislation which are aimed at ensuring minimum care levels are met at all times, and that residents do not come to harm through nursing home neglect and abuse. However, incidents of negligence in a care home do still occur, despite the legal obligations set in place.
When a resident is harmed through negligence, they may be entitled to file a negligence claim. If they are unable to make their own claim (due to being incapacitated or loss of mental acuity), a family member or friend could act as their litigation friend and handle the claim on their behalf.
Cancer treatments such as chemotherapy and radiotherapy must be administered as soon as possible in order for the patient to have the best chance of making a recovery. A delay in treatment can mean the difference between recovering, going into remission, or in extreme cases, death. If a cancer patient is harmed through wrongful or late diagnosis, they may be eligible to claim medical negligence on the part of the responsible party. If the patient died due to misdiagnosed cancer or late-diagnosed cancer, their dependants may be able to file a claim and be awarded medical negligence compensation.
Mistakes By A Surgeon
Accidents and mistakes made in an operating theatre can cause serious harm to the patient, such as:
- Physical damage caused through an error by a surgeon
- Health problems caused by incorrectly administered anaesthetic
- Inadequate post-op care leading to infections
- Errors made when administering medication during the recovery period, leading to an illness or allergic reaction
Birth Injury Negligence Claims
When negligence occurs during childbirth, the mother, baby or both could come to harm. They can suffer injuries such as:
- The baby:
- Bruising, cuts or lacerations
- Permanent scarring and disfigurement
- Brain damage caused by hypoxia
- Permanent illnesses such as cerebral palsy
- The mother:
- A fractured or damaged pelvis
- Damage to the pelvic muscles
- Perineal tears
- Cuts and bruising to thighs
Negligent General Practice Care
Your GP is your primary healthcare provider and they are responsible for ensuring that you receive the treatment that you need in a timely manner. A GP has two main responsibilities which are:
- Diagnosing and treating minor injuries and illnesses
- Diagnosing more serious illnesses and referring the patient to the correct healthcare unit for further treatment
When a GP makes a mistake and fails to meet these duties, GP negligence may have taken place. If this indirectly or directly led to a patient being harmed in some way, it could be possible to claim negligence compensation from the responsible party.
Dentist Malpractice Claims
When negligence occurs at a dental surgery, a patient can suffer a range of injuries, for example:
- Lost healthy teeth
- A chipped or fractured jawbone
- Facial scarring and disfigurement
- Damaged gums
Incidents Of Clinical Negligence At NHS Facilities In Huddersfield
The table below, details instances of NHS negligence in the Huddersfield area:
|Healthcare Provider||Claims Received (2016)||Number of Incidents (2016)||Payments Made|
|Greater Huddersfield Clinical Commissioning Group||69||*||14772178|
All data for this table was taken from:
No Win No Fee Huddersfield Area Medical Negligence Claims
Using a No Win No Fee claims service provides you with a financially risk-free way to have your claim processed. There is no fee to take your claim on, and no fee as it is processed. If you don’t receive any compensation, there is still no fee. When the solicitor does receive a compensation payment for you, they automatically take their fee known as a ‘success fee’ from this money before giving you the remainder of the medical negligence compensation you are awarded.
Start Your Claim Today
Have you come to harm due to a negligent act of a medical professional? Do you need to find a good medical negligence lawyer to process your claim for you? If this is the case, speak to one of our team members on 0800 652 3087, to learn how we can help.
Further Guides And Advice
These external links may be of use to you:
You may also find these other pages on this site useful:
Article by MW