If you’re unfortunate enough to be looking for a medical negligence solicitor, then you might not know where to begin your search. This guide will help you choose the right solicitor for you to help you with your claim and advise you on what to look for. If you’ve been looking for medical negligence solicitors in Kidderminster, then hopefully you’ll find this guide helpful.
If you’d like to discuss making a claim today, then we could help as our panel of medical negligence solicitors can cover the Kidderminster area so please call us on 0800 652 3087 to speak with a specialist advisor.
If you’d prefer to learn more about beginning a claim, then please carry on reading.
Choose A Section
- How To Find An Expert In Clinical Negligence To Conduct Your Claim
- Do You Have To Claim Compensation Through a Clinical Negligence Solicitor In Worcestershire?
- Where Could My Injuries Be Examined Or Assessed?
- Should I Compare Different Solicitors?
- Medical Negligence Claims In Kidderminster Our Panel Of Solicitors Could Conduct
- Kidderminster Care Home Claims
- NHS Compensation For Surgical Errors
- Birth Or Pregnancy Injury Claims
- General Practice Doctor Negligence
- Late Or Misdiagnosed Cancer Claims
- Dental Treatment Or Surgery Negligence
- Kidderminster Hospital Negligence
- Hospitals In Worcestershire
- Worcestershire NHS Trusts Medical Negligence Statistics
- No Win No Fee Experts In Clinical Negligence Claims
- Contact Our Team
- Helpful Links
How To Find An Expert In Clinical Negligence To Conduct Your Claim
Before deciding whether you could make a claim, you should understand what constitutes medical negligence. Any personal injury lawyer will try to establish that:
- You received a substandard level of care or treatment from a medical professional; and
- You sustained an injury, became ill or your condition was made worse by the substandard negligent treatment.
The next thing you should be aware of is the that there is a medical negligence claims time limit of 3 years in the UK. There are exceptions pleas call for further advice.
To help you choose a solicitor, you might ask friends for recommendations or read reviews of medical negligence solicitors, which could both be useful, or you could just call one of our expert advisors in clinical negligence to discuss your options.
If you feel your claim is within the time limit and meets the above criteria, then we could help you begin a claim. Please call today to discuss what happened and let us assess whether we could help you claim or not.
Do You Have To Claim Compensation Through a Clinical Negligence Solicitor In Worcestershire?
In this modern world, there’s really no need to limit your search to local medical negligence solicitors. We say that it’s far better to choose a solicitor based on their skillset and experience rather than where they are based.
You won’t need to meet your solicitor face to face because communication will be carried out by phone or email which is why we could help. Our panel of expert medical negligence solicitors specialise in negligence claims and can demonstrate recent cases, possibly similar to yours, which they’ve conducted recently.
Where Could My Injuries Be Examined Or Assessed?
If your personal injury claim requires a medical assessment, then it could be arranged for you to be assessed by a local medical specialist in the Kidderminster area. Here are a sample:
35 Hartlebury Road,
Kidderminster, DY13 9JA.
Richard John Whitehouse
7 Health Lane,
Stourbridge, DY8 1RF.
Should I Compare Different Solicitors?
Reading reviews of any personal injury solicitor can be a really useful starting point in any search. You can find out how happy previous clients were with the professionalism of the solicitor, the number of updates provided and the amount of compensation they received.
We’d highly recommend that before choosing a solicitor though, you pick up the phone and speak with them directly. This will allow you to find out how they propose to handle your case, how you’ll get along with the solicitor and their team and they may be able to estimate how much compensation they hope to achieve.
Medical Negligence Claims In Kidderminster Our Panel Of Solicitors Could Conduct
The next few sections of this guide are dedicated to providing examples of medical negligence cases that might lead to a compensation claim. If you can’t see an example that’s similar to yours, don’t worry. We could still help so please call to discuss what happened in your case and work with one of our specialists who’ll help you decide whether you could claim or not.
Kidderminster Care Home Claims
It can be a hard decision to place a loved one in a care home putting complete faith in the home’s management and staff. All staff at the care home are expected to follow health and safety guidelines and procedures to ensure patients are cared for and to make them as comfortable as possible.
Some examples of care home negligence include:
- Injuries caused by a fall where an incorrect lifting procedure was used.
- Suffering caused by any type of care home abuse.
- Illnesses or suffering caused by medication not being dispensed at the right time.
- Suffering and pain caused by bed sores because the patient hasn’t been moved regularly enough.
NHS Compensation For Surgical Errors
Any type of surgery can be worrying, especially when the surgeon explains the risks associated with the procedure. Under going any operation a patients puts all their faith in the surgical team. Standards during any operation whether it is for emergency treatment or elective surgery should also be at the right specific level as one small error could mean a patient is injured unnecessarily. Here are a few examples of surgical negligence:
- Surgical equipment being left inside a patient causing pain which leads to more surgery to remove the item.
- If the patient is in pain during the operation due to an anaesthetic error.
- The surgeon performs surgery on the wrong part of the body due to misinterpretation of the medical records.
Surgeries do not only take place at NHS hospitals they could also happen at private hospitals whether it be for cosmetic reasons or medical reasons. Negligence could be present and lead to an avoidable injury at any hospital if medical staff do not perform at the agreed level, if the standards are poor due to a breach in the duty of care and an avoidable injury happens this may be classed as negligence.
Birth Or Pregnancy Injury Claims
The birth of a newborn baby can be a happy time in a family’s life, especially when the baby is healthy, and the birth goes smoothly for everyone involved. However, if a member of the delivery team negligently fails to spot a problem or deals with it incorrectly and either the mother or baby become unnecessarily injured, then claiming compensation might be possible.
Injuries caused by negligence during childbirth that our panel of expert medical negligence solicitors could help with include:
- Fractures and broken bones.
- Oxygen deprivation.
- Cerebral palsy.
- Erb’s palsy.
General Practice Doctor Negligence
Very often, when we have a health problem, the first thing we’ll do is visit the local GP. In many cases, even though they don’t have very long appointment times, a GP will manage to diagnose the problem if there is one, provide medication or send the patient to specialist for further assessment in the first appointment.
If there is a misdiagnosis and the GP does not provide the right treatment but provides medication meant for an entirely different condition two things could happen. One, the medication that has been provided may cause the patient to become ill or have adverse effects. Secondly, the current condition could get worse due to lack of appropriate treatment.
Late Or Misdiagnosed Cancer Claims
Modern cancer treatment methods and advances now mean that some cancers, if spotted early enough, are very treatable and rather than managing the cancer, specialist aim to cure the cancer fully.
However, if the treatment doesn’t start early enough, then the chances of treating the cancer could reduce and, in the worst cases, become untreatable altogether.
If the delay in treatment is caused because a doctor, surgeon or cancer specialist negligently failed to realise the patients symptoms were cancer, failed to refer for further checks or diagnosed the cancer as something else, then the patient might be able to claim compensation for any additional suffering caused.
Dental Treatment Or Surgery Negligence
A dentist, and their dental team, have a duty of care to make sure patients are treated in accordance with health and safety procedures and ensuring hygiene standards are maintained. They have a duty of care towards all patients who are being treated or undergoing a check-up.
Examples of dental negligence which might lead to a compensation claim include:
- If the patient suffers with broken or damaged teeth, unnecessary gum injuries or preventable nerve injuries caused during a negligent procedure.
- Any pain caused during surgery because the anaesthetic dosage was incorrect.
- Pain or suffering caused by treatment that wasn’t required because the dentist diagnosed the wrong condition.
Kidderminster Hospital Negligence
Attending a hospital maybe for surgery, as an outpatient, because you have an injury that needs emergency medical treatment etc all patients should be provided with a service that is in accordance with the rules and regulations of the hospital as well as any obligatory legislation. Medical staff all have a duty of care to the patients that they are attending to, to ensure that they receive the required treatment and that they are not harmed unnecessarily.
If there is a breach in the duty of care that should always be upheld, and this breach leads to a negligent act which causes a preventable injury, illness or an existing condition worsening then grounds for compensatory damages may exist.
Here are some forms of hospital negligence which could lead to a claim against the hospital:
- Negligent injuries sustained as a result of surgical negligence.
- Illnesses caused because the patient contracted MRSA due to poor hygiene standards.
- An illness caused by the incorrect medication being given to the patient during treatment.
- If a patient’s condition becomes worse due to a negligent misdiagnosis.
Hospitals In Worcestershire
As our panel of medical negligence solicitors can cover the Kidderminster area, here are a list of local hospitals covering Kidderminster and the wider Worcestershire area:
- Kidderminster Hospital.
- Worcestershire Royal Hospital.
- Russells Hall Hospital.
- Bridgnorth Community Hospital.
- The Princess of Wales Community Hospital.
- Ramsay Healthcare.
- BMI The Droitwich Spa Hospital.
Worcestershire NHS Trusts Medical Negligence Statistics
In the table below, we’ve used NHS data to show how many complaints have been raised for NHS medical negligence in the Worcestershire area.
|Healthcare Provider||Claims in 2017/2018||Number of Incidents 2017/2018||Damages Payments|
|Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust||73||5||£12,803,364|
|Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust||9||*||£1,529,836|
No Win No Fee Experts In Clinical Negligence Claims
We know that many people worry about the cost of hiring a medical negligence lawyer, which is why our panel of expert medical negligence solicitors all offer a no win no fee service.
This means that you:
- Don’t pay anything to begin your claim.
- Don’t pay if the solicitor fails to win compensation.
- Won’t have to find funds to pay the solicitor if they win your case as their success fee is taken directly from your compensation.
Contact Our Team
If you require any more information, then hopefully you’ll find the resources and external links below useful:
Kidderminster Hospital and Treatment Centre
Kidderminster, DY11 6RJ.
Inspection Report – The latest findings of the Care Quality Commission for Kidderminster hospital.
Worcestershire Adult Social Care – Information about care homes and services run by Worcestershire County Council.
Dental Negligence Claims – A more detailed look at when you could make Kidderminster medical negligence claims for dental injuries.
Edited by LisM.