When it comes to making any sort of personal injury claim, the importance of finding quality legal professionals to fight your corner should not be underestimated. In this guide, we have explained the importance of using not only a clinical negligence solicitor when pursuing a medical negligence claim but how vital it is to have them specialise in a particular area that relates to your case. It includes information on how to find the right medical negligence lawyer to handle your case. We will also take a look at some examples of different types of medical negligence, including care home negligence and dental negligence. If you still have any queries by the time you finish reading our guide, please do not hesitate to get in touch. You will also be pleased to know our panel of medical negligence solicitors can cover the Middlesbrough area. We will explain more about the service our panel of expert medical negligence solicitors provide.
Choose A Section
- How To Find The Right Clinical Negligence Solicitor For Your Case
- You Do Not Need To Use A Medical Negligence Solicitor In Middlesbrough
- Read Reviews Of Solicitors And Law Firms
- Your Injuries Could Be Assessed By Our Panel Of Doctors In Middlesbrough
- Medical Negligence In Middlesbrough Our Team Could Handle
- Negligent Surgical Care
- Negligence Leading To Birth Injuries
- Negligence At A Hospital
- Negligence At A Care Home
- Negligence By A GP
- Negligence By A Dentist
- Negligent Cancer Care Or Misdiagnosis
- Middlesbrough NHS Trusts Clinical Negligence Statistics
- No Win No Fee Middlesbrough Medical Negligence Solicitors
- Hospitals And Clinics In Middlesbrough
- How To Start Your Medical Negligence Claim
Choosing the right solicitor for your case maybe crucial, knowing that the solicitor you have chosen has the right expertise, knowledge and experience will allow you to recuperate in confidence. Below we have included key questions you could ask any potential solicitor to get a more indepth insight;
- What fees do you charge? One of the first things you might need to do is establish how much you will need to pay for the service. It is usually a good idea to look for a no win no fee medical negligence solicitor. By doing this, you would not need to make a big upfront payment in order to begin the personal injury claim. Aside from this, you would reduce the monetary risk, as you only pay your solicitor legal fees if your claim is a success.
- How will the claim be handled? You may want to be confident that the personal injury solicitor is going to do everything in their power to ensure that the case is resolved as quickly and as smoothly as possible. Therefore, they should make an effort to try and handle everything over the telephone. Court should in many cases be the last possible resort.
- How could I contact you? It might be an idea to make sure you have a telephone number and email address for the medical negligence lawyer in question. You might want to also make an effort to ensure they are reachable. The last thing you want to do is use the services of a lawyer only to discover that every time you ring them they don’t pick up their phone.
- What do you need from me? Last but not least, you should find out what the medical negligence solicitors are going to need from you in order to build a strong case. There are various ways you could strengthen your claim. You may need to see a doctor, as the medical report they provide could be imperative. Aside from this, if you have the contact details of any witnesses this could really help. You might also need to keep proof of any expenses you have encountered as a direct result of your injuries, such as loss of income and treatment costs. Deciding whether or not to use a medical negligence solicitor in Middlesborough maybe a tough decision but please continue to read the next section as we explain why location of your solicitor has no bearing on your case.
It is easy to see why you might assume you need to use the services of medical negligence solicitors in Middlesbrough. However, this is not the case. Our panel of medical negligence solicitors can cover the Middlesborough area even though we are not based in Middlesborough. The reason our panel of expert medical negligence solicitors could work on your case is that claims are often handled via telephone and email in the modern world. This means you may not have to choose someone based on convenience but you could select based on their experience and success rate instead.
When it comes to finding the best solicitors for your case, reading medical negligence solicitors reviews could definitely help. This could give you a good and honest insight into the service they have to offer, and this will have come from people that were once in your position. You do need to make sure you use independent review platforms, though, so you could be sure of the authenticity of the comments. Plus, once you have used a solicitor’s service, you might feel the need to leave comments too, as this will help others.
While you’re not restricted in terms of location when choosing a solicitor, meaning you could work with our panel of expert medical negligence solicitors, you may need to see a medical expert that is based in Middlesbrough. We could arrange an appointment for you, as part of our service. This is because we have connections with medical experts all over the United Kingdom, including Middlesbrough. Some of the medical experts that could be used in Middlesbrough include…
Middlesbrough Evans Easyspace Office
Unit 1 Stephenson Court,
Jurys Inn Middlesbrough (formerlyThe Middlesbrough/Thistle Hotel
Our panel of expert medical negligence solicitors could handle many different cases of medical negligence. Below, we take a look at some examples of negligence;.
The first form of medical negligence we are going to take a look at is negligent surgical care. All operations have risks. However, there could be cases where mistakes happen that have taken place due to negligence not as a risk of the surgery. If this happens, our panel of expert medical negligence solicitors could help you to determine if you have a valid case. Some examples of surgical negligence may could include: performing the wrong type of operation, incorrect site surgery, for example, amputating the wrong limb, damage to the organs during surgery, and surgeries that have not been executed correctly. Needless to say, these are just a handful of examples; if you have suffered harm due to surgical negligence do not hesitate to contact our team for any advice needed
You could also use the services of our panel of expert medical negligence solicitors if you have been the victim of negligence during birth which has left you traumatised and injured. This could impact both mother and baby. Such incidents could be very traumatic. Examples of errors could possibly include failing to monitor fetal or maternal distress, use the incorrect tools when applying various birth-assisting tools, and failing to spot signs of distress. Such scenarios could cause horrific injuries possibly even life long illnesses. If you are unsure whether or not you or your child would be eligible to make a medical negligence claim why not call our team for further advice.
Medical negligence claims can not just be against hospital trusts such as The James Cook University Hospital in Middlesborough they can also be against any private medical establishment, whether you were at hospital for health or cosmetic reasons. If you receive substandard medical care and treatment which caused you harm then you have the right to seek legal advice. If you have been the victim of medical negligence, simply call our panel of expert medical negligence solicitors for assistance. Even if you where harmed due to poor hygiene standards our panel of medical experts would like to hear from you.
Aside from the different types of medical negligence that have been mentioned, you may also be looking for medical negligence solicitors in Middlesbrough if you have been injured in a care home or someone you know and love has been injured in this way due to negligence and neglect. There have been a number of high profile cases involving care homes in recent years. From cases of abuse to poor hygiene standards, cases vary, our panel have the experience you need to assist you with any sort of claim.
When you are not feeling well, a GP is the first person you might see. You might count on him or her to diagnose your condition effectively. A GP has the responsibility to either diagnose and treat you, or transfer you for diagnostics tests or send you to see a specialist as you may need specialist treatment. Failure to do this could mean your condition could worsen over time. Being prescribed the wrong medication or incorrect dose could have adverse effects on your health.
A dentist along with a dental nurse and hygienist all have a duty of care to provide the patient with safe treatment. Failure to provide a service that does not cause harm could be the basis for a dental negligence claim. Examples of dental negligence could include but are not exclusive to;
- Extraction of wrong tooth.
- Damage to healthy teeth.
- Misdiagnosing gum disease and a patient loosing teeth.
This could be that incorrect cancer treatment has been given or it could be that cancer symptoms have not been diagnosed properly. Treating cancer at the earliest possible point is vital in most cases to stop the illness from spreading. Not treating the cancer could mean it is allowed to grow and possibly spread making it more difficult to treat and in some cases untreatable.
If you have experienced misdiagnosis of cancer or negligent cancer treatment that has made you more ill you could call our panel of expert medical negligence solicitor for advice
To get a better understanding of the number of medical negligence incidents in Middlesbrough, please refer to the table below. Please note this is only for NHS trusts. Private hospital data is not available.
|Healthcare provider||Claims received 17/18||Number of incidents 17/18||CNST Damages Paid|
|South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust||98||11||£9,031,833.11|
One of the standout features of our service is the fact that all of our panel of expert medical negligence solicitors work on a no win no fee basis. You may have heard of this term before, yet you may be unsure regarding what it actually means. It is quite a straightforward concept. It means you will only need to pay legal fees to the medical negligence solicitors if they are successful. This means that you don’t pay their fees if compensation is not awarded, ensuring you are protected financially. This is important for a lot of people, understandably, as they may not be able to afford to make a Middlesbrough medical negligence claim.
There are many different hospitals and clinics in the Middlesbrough area, including…
- The James Cook University Hospital
- West Lane Hospital
- Tees Valley Hospital
- North Ormesby Health Village
- South Tees Acute Hospitals NHS Trust
- Park View Medical Clinic
- Cleveland Health Centre
- Resolution Health Centre
- Teeside Sexual Health Service
- The Trinity Holistic Centre
- Parkside Community Mental Health Centre
- BPAS Middlesbrough
- Kings Medical Centre
- Newlands Medical Centre
- Lakeside Community Mental Health Centre
You could speak to our experts today to make a personal injury claim. You can reach us between 8 am and 9 pm, any day of the week, on 0800 652 3087. Our panel of medical negligence solicitors can cover the Middlesbrough area, meaning you don’t need medical negligence solicitors in Middlesbrough.