There is no denying that suffering any sort of injury or illness could be traumatic, especially when someone else might be to at fault for what has happened to you. If you have been harmed by a medical practitioner or health care provider it may mean that your current condition has gotten worse. There is no denying that medical professionals work tirelessly to help those who are unwell day in and day out but if standards are allowed to slip for whatever reason negligence could occur. If you have been the victim of medical negligence, you will know all to well the impact such incidents could have. Are you looking for medical negligence solicitors in Newcastle to represent you in your case? Our panel of medical negligence solicitors can cover the Newcastle area and we have many years of experience in the industry. In this guide, we are going to reveal what you should be looking for when seeking medical negligence solicitors, as well as providing information on different types of medical negligence and we will also provide you with details on the service provided by our panel of expert medical negligence solicitors.
Choose A Section
- A Guide To Choosing A Medical Negligence Solicitor
- Do I Need To Use Medical Malpractice Solicitors Newcastle?
- Find Reviews Of Solicitors Covering Your Area
- Your Injuries Could Be Assessed In Newcastle By Our Panel Of Doctors
- Claims For Medical Negligence In Newcastle Our Team Could Conduct
- Negligence During Surgery
- Medical Negligence Causing Birth Trauma
- Medical Negligence At Hospital
- Cancer Treatment Negligence
- Nursing Home Neglect And Negligence Claims
- Dentist Negligence Claims
- GP Clinical Negligence
- Newcastle NHS Trusts Medical Negligence Statistics
- No Win No Fee Medical Negligence Solicitors Covering Newcastle
- NHS Hospitals And Clinics In Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Private Hospitals And Clinics In Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Starting A Medical Negligence Compensation Claim
- Related Guides And References
A claim usually rests on being able to prove that standards of care were breached which lead to a patient suffering harm, in terms of a medical professional making mistakes or being negligent. Now you know what makes a strong case, if you think you have suffered due to medical negligence we advise finding top quality medical negligence solicitors. These are the qualities you should be looking out for:
- Experience – Experience is something many people may believe is vital, as you might want someone that has successfully secured negligence compensation for many clients time and time before. You might want to check that they also have relevant experience, i.e. if you have been injured because of cancer treatment negligence, you would not be likely to need someone that specialises in product liability cases.
- Reputation – You might want to take ten minutes or so out of your day to search for reviews that have been left by previous clients. Their opinions could help you to determine whether the solicitor is credible or not. If there are a lot of bad reviews, you may wish to look elsewhere instead.
- UK-based – It might be wiser to opt for the services of a personal injury lawyer that is both registered and based in the United Kingdom. You don’t need to go for medical negligence solicitors in Newcastle, though. Although we’re not based in Newcastle, our panel of medical negligence solicitors can cover the Newcastle area.
- No win no fee – Last but not least, a medical negligence solicitor that is willing to work to a no win no fee agreement could be a real bonus, as this offers financial protection and guarantees you benefit from the service of someone committing to getting you compensation.
A lot of people might assume that their only option is to use the services of medical negligence solicitors in Newcastle, but this is not the case. You could use the services of a medical negligence lawyer based anywhere in the UK, which is how our panel of medical negligence solicitors can cover the Newcastle area. This is because legal services tend to be handled via telephone and email today. There is sometimes no need for face-to-face meetings, as used to be the case. This means you are in the position to be able to choose a personal injury solicitor based on their experience and suitability for your case, rather than selecting someone purely based on where they are located.
If you are trying to find the right medical negligence solicitors in Newcastle upon Tyne, reading medical negligence solicitors reviews is something we do recommend. Reviews can help to give you a great insight into the level of service provided. However, it may be wise to read comments on independent review platforms so that you can be sure of their validity. Once you have made a personal injury claim, it is certainly a good idea to leave feedback so that you can assist others in your position.
We could connect you to a medical expert in your area, such as:
Rotterdam House, 116 Quayside
Premier Inn Hotel Newcastle Central
Stephen Grant Charlesworth-Jones
The Spire Newcastle Clinic,
4 Towers Avenue,
There are lots of other options for you to see however, this is just an example of some medical experts working in the area.
Below, we take a look at the claims our panel of expert medical negligence solicitors could handle. If you cannot find the incident you have been involved in, do not worry simple use the number at the bottom of the guide to have your case assessed. These are simply examples of potential cases.
When someone has an illness, surgical intervention could often be the only answer. While a lot of surgeries come with risks, this does not mean that standard of care should be ignored or neglected. There may be instances whereby operations do not go as planned. If a negligent mistake has happened, this could result in the patient becoming ill or they could need to undergo surgery again to correct the problem. If this has happened, there is a chance that you could possibly be entitled to compensation. Here are some examples of the different types of negligence during surgery that people could claim for:
- Failure to remove unintended foreign objects during surgery.
- Wrong limb amputation.
- Unnecessary surgery.
- Incorrect surgical procedure.
- Wrong site surgery.
- Perforation of internal organs.
Each of these problems could cause a lot of harm to the body, and they could have a lasting impact on the person’s quality of life, which is why it might be a wise idea to get in contact with our panel of expert medical negligence solicitors for more information about proceeding with a claim.
A birth injury could impact the mother, the baby, or both. If birth injuries happen, the impact could be devastating, impacting the family for the rest of their lives. Call Medical Negligence Assist who can put you in contact with our panel of expert medical negligence solicitors who can answer any questions you may have in regards to negligence during labour or delivery.
Some examples of birth injuries that could impact the mother include:
- Mistakes in managing pre-eclampsia causing illness.
- Third and fourth-degree perineal tears
- Anaesthetic errors causing illness.
- Wrongly performed episiotomies.
- Retained swabs.
- Mistakes in suturing tears or episiotomies.
- Injuries to organs from cesarean sections or not recognising damage at the time.
Some examples of birth injuries that could impact the baby include:
- Hip dysplasia.
- Scars and cuts.
- Fractures to skull, collarbone, shoulders, legs, and arm while performing an assisted delivery.
- Brain injuries due to hypoxia.
- Cerebral palsy due to hypoxia.
- Fatalities due to a negligent delivery.
Hospitals offer multiple services whether ill patients need to attend accident and emergency departments, needs x-rays for fractures, need physiotherapy, need diagnostic testing, need surgery etc. If standards are not always kept at the expected standard negligence may cause harm to patients. Moreover, you may suffer an infection if there was a substandard level of hygiene within the hospital or if errors were made during the dispensing of medication a patient could suffer adverse effects.
If a diagnosis is not made correctly or quickly, the impact could sometimes be devastating. This could especially be the case when it comes to illnesses like cancer because they could get worse quickly and the outcome could be fatal if treatment is not administered in a timely manner. If you or someone you love has been the victim of cancer treatment negligence, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our panel of expert medical negligence solicitors for more information.
Deciding to send your loved one to a care home could be a very difficult decision. However, when you are no longer able to care for a parent or a family member, or they cannot live in their home independently, a care home is often the best solution. Most care homes in the UK operate to a very high standard. Nevertheless there have been some alarming news stories were patients or residents of care homes have been treated appallingly. Of course, these cases are very rare, yet if they do happen they can be devastating for the patient as well as the family. If you would like to speak to a nursing home neglect lawyer, please give us a call for some more information.
You may also need the services of medical negligence solicitors in Newcastle upon Tyne if you have suffered dental negligence. Our panel of medical negligence solicitors can cover the Newcastle area, and so we may be able to help you secure compensation if you have been harmed through negligent care and treatment by the service of your dentist. Some examples of dental negligence could include a dentist extracting the wrong tooth, anaesthetic mistakes which leads a patient to feel unnecessary pain, mistakes made in the diagnosis stage leading to the worsening of a condition, causing damage to a tooth next to the tooth being removed, and illnesses caused because of poor hygiene standards.
When someone is not feeling very well, the first person they could choose to see is their GP. If your GP does not spot the condition you are suffering from or they dismiss the symptoms you are experiencing, this could mean that you do not get the treatment and assistance that you need. This could mean that your condition gets worse. Moreover, if you are provided with treatment and/or medication for a different condition, you could end up experiencing adverse symptoms. If you would like some more information about GP negligence our expert panel of medical negligence solicitors could help.
To get a better understanding of the number of medical negligence incidents in Newcastle, please refer to the table below. Please note this is only for NHS trusts. Private hospital data is not available.
|Healthcare provider||Claims received 17/18||Number of incidents 17/18||CNST Damage payments|
|Newcastle Upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (The)||105||10||£13, 817 612|
Our panel of expert medical negligence solicitors work on a no win no fee basis. You may be wondering what this means. In basic terms, it means that you only pay them for their service if compensation is awarded. If compensation is not secured, you’re not going to need to pay legal fees to the medical negligence solicitors that have been working on your case. This could lead to a number of other knock-on benefits too. For example, you can have peace of mind that your clinical negligence solicitors are going to be working hard for you because they are going to be accountable for the service they provide because the pay they receive is performance-related. Furthermore, you can be sure that no one is going to lead you down the garden path. If our panel of expert medical negligence solicitors do not feel your case is going to be strong enough to result in compensation, they will certainly make sure to tell you.
There are a number of different hospitals in Newcastle upon Tyne for those requiring medical assistance. This includes:
- Newcastle Freeman Hospital
- Royal Victoria Infirmary
- Great North Children’s Hospital
There are various private hospitals and clinics too including:
- Nuffield Health – Newcastle upon Tyne Hospital
- Cobalt Hospital
- Fitzroy Surgery Newcastle
No matter what has happened, you can speak to our advisors today to make a personal injury claim. You can reach us between 8 am and 9 pm, any day of the week, on 0800 652 3087. Our panel of medical negligence solicitors can cover the Newcastle area, meaning you don’t need medical negligence solicitors in Newcastle.
Time limits for medical negligence – There are limits to how long you have to claim. This page gives you more detail on this.
Cerebral Palsy – Information on this condition and how it could be caused.
The Newcastle Upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust – Information on NHS hospitals in Newcastle.
Edited by Melis.