How Do I Claim Compensation For Medical Negligence In Salisbury?
On this page, you will read a guide to choosing a team of medical negligence solicitors to represent you who would cover the Salisbury area. We provide information on the reasons why people make such claims and offer advice on how best to approach the task of choosing a legal team to process a medical negligence claim against a responsible party.
If you would prefer to use a simple yet effective No Win No Fee claims service rather than spend time trying to find a solicitor on your own, you can speak to one of our panel of expert advisers on 0800 652 3087.
Choose A Section:
- How Do I Find The Right Solicitor To Help Me Claim For Medical Negligence?
- Local Medical Negligence Solicitors May Not Be Best
- How Important Are Clinical Negligence Solicitor Testimonials?
- Medical Negligence Claims Handled In Salisbury
- Have Your Injury Assessed By Our Nationwide Panel Of Doctors
- GP Malpractice Cases
- Surgical Negligence Solicitors
- Birth Injury Solicitors
- Negligent Care At A Hospital
- Harm Caused By A Breach Of Nursing Home Duty Of Care
- Malpractice In The Treatment Of Cancer
- Dental Complaints
- Data Highlighting Instances Of Clinical Negligence In Salisbury NHS Trusts
- No Win No Fee Salisbury Medical Negligence Claims
- How To Contact Us
- Hospitals Serving Salisbury
- Advice And Guides
How Do I Find The Right Solicitor To Help Me Claim For Medical Negligence?
Before we offer advice on how to choose a legal team, we need to say that this guide is no substitute for actually speaking to a solicitor. Our panel of medical negligence experts can cover the Salisbury area, and you can contact them on the telephone number at the top of the page.
When you speak with them, they will be able to give you additional information, such as the personal injury claims time limit that would apply in your own case. Also, rather than use an online personal injury claims calculator to get a rough idea of how much compensation you may receive, our team can give you a more accurate estimate based on the evidence you provide.
However, if you prefer you can find your own solicitor using any of the methods listed below:
- Talk to your family and friends, and see if they can recommend a legal firm
- Reach out to your social connections on sites such as Twitter and Facebook, and see if they can recommend a legal firm
- Find a good online review platform with reviews and testimonials of different solicitors
Local Medical Negligence Solicitors May Not Be Best
There are no rules or legal reasons why you should use a local medical negligence solicitor to process your claim. You are free to use any solicitor you wish because their location is not an issue. You can communicate with a solicitor by email, VOIP, web chat or Skype which means it does not matter where in the UK they happen to be based. A much more important consideration than a physical location, is how suitable the solicitor is for your claim and whether they would have a good chance of processing your case successfully.
How Important Are Clinical Negligence Solicitor Testimonials?
You could use a website that publishes solicitor reviews which is a great resource for compiling a shortlist of possible legal firms to use. When you are reading each clinical negligence solicitor testimonial, be sure to make a note of key information such as:
- How long ago the review was published
- What kind of claim the reviewer needed to make
- Whether the claim was successful or not
- The kind of fee structure offered by the solicitor
- How much the solicitor charged as a fee
- Whether the review was negative or positive
Information like this can be compared for each review which enables you to come up with the best solicitor based on information gathered. However, if you do not have enough time to go through this process, you can speak to one of our team members. They can tell you how you can have your claim processed in a simple and stress-free way under a No Win No Fee structure.
Medical Negligence Claims Handled In Salisbury
Medical negligence can take many forms. Whenever a medical professional with a duty of care towards a patient actually causes harm through a mistake, omission or oversight that could have been avoided, then negligence could be deemed to have taken place. Examples of this include:
- Mistakes made during surgery, injuring the patient
- Wrongfully prescribed medication, causing an allergic reaction or illness
- Nursing or care home accidents, caused by negligence, resulting in harm to a resident
- Late or wrong diagnosis, leading to a delay in treatment and a worsening medical condition
- Dental accidents, injuring a dental patient
- Accidents during a cosmetic procedure, resulting in harm to a patient
All these could possibly be deemed as negligence, and if the incident caused harm to a patient, a personal injury lawyer might be able to process a medical negligence claim for compensation against the negligent party.
Have Your Injury Assessed By Our Nationwide Panel Of Doctors
We recommend that anyone wishing to make a claim for harm caused by negligence undergoes an impartial medical examination. The results of this examination would be submitted to support your claim. We can arrange for you the have a free local medical examination in the Salisbury area, from the following medical professionals:
|Louise Whyte||Afron House Chiropractic Clinic||Salisbury||SP1 1ED|
|34 Rollerstone Street|
|David Magee||5 Wyndham Road||Salisbury||SP1 3AA|
|Geoff Hogg||The Chiropractic Centre Wilton||Salisbury||SP2 0DL|
|3 West Street|
|Ayubur Rahman||The Bowman Centre,||Salisbury||SP4 7XT|
|Sheasrs Drive, Amesbury|
GP Malpractice Cases
When it comes to GP malpractice, UK residents rely on their GP for primary care in most situations. This primary care takes two forms:
- A GP is responsible for diagnosing health problems, before forwarding the patient to the correct healthcare unit for treatment
- A GP is responsible, in the case of minor ailments and injuries, to diagnose the medical condition, and provide treatment or prescription medication
Surgical Negligence Solicitors
A mistake or accident during an operation or surgical procedure, can cause harm to a patient, such as:
- Actual mistakes made by a surgeon during surgery, causing an injury
- Mistakes made by the anaesthetist, causing an illness or even death
- Lax post or pre-op care, leading to infections
- Incorrectly administered medication, causing an adverse reaction
Birth Injury Solicitors
Both the mother and the baby are at risk of injury during childbirth if some kind of negligence takes place. Injuries could include:
- Injuries to the mother:
- Cuts and bruises
- Torn pelvic floor muscles
- Perineal tears
- A fractured pelvis
- Injuries to the baby:
- Cuts and bruises
- Scarring or disfigurement
- Fractured bones
- Permanent brain damage
- Medical conditions such as cerebral palsy
When negligence takes place during childbirth which results in injuries such as those listed above, it could be possible for birth injury solicitors to process a claim for compensation against the responsible party.
Negligent Care At A Hospital
There are many ways that a patient staying in a hospital, or visiting as an outpatient, could be harmed due to negligence. For example:
- Insufficient care on a hospital ward leading to an accident, injuring/harming a patient
- Mistakes made during a procedure such as an X-ray or MRI scan, exposing a patient to harmful levels of radiation
- Incorrectly administered treatment, failing to treat an injury
- Wrongly prescribed medication, causing an adverse reaction
- Cross infections, due to inadequate hygiene
Harm Caused By A Breach Of Nursing Home Duty Of Care
A breach of nursing home duty of care can occur for many reasons. These establishments are often staffed by people with minimal training and a heavy workload. Each home is required to fulfil specific regulatory obligations related to the level of the care the home must maintain at all times. When these obligations are not met and it leads to a resident suffering harm through negligence, then it could be possible for a claim to be made against the responsible party.
Malpractice In The Treatment Of Cancer
Cancer is an illness that needs prompt treatment to ensure that the victim has the greatest chance of recovery. Unfortunately, negligence can lead to problems such as a late or wrongful diagnosis, causing a delay in providing the patient with critical treatment. When negligence occurs, it can mean the difference between life and death to the patient in extreme cases. When a person is the victim of cancer negligence, they or their dependants may be entitled to make a medical negligence claim against the responsible party.
When you visit your dentist, you expect to be treated in a professional and safe manner. Unfortunately, this is not always the case. When dental negligence occurs, it can cause injuries such as:
- Cuts and bruises to the face or neck
- Scarring or permanent disfigurement
- Damaged or infected gums
- Loss of healthy teeth
- Damage to the jawbone
If you were to suffer injuries such as these at the hands of your dentists, even if you were undergoing a private cosmetic procedure, you may be able to use a team of cosmetic surgery negligence solicitors of to help you to claim compensation for the pain and suffering you experienced through negligence.
Data Highlighting Instances Of Clinical Negligence In Salisbury NHS Trusts
The table below, shows data related to the occurrences of negligence in the Salisbury region of the NHS:
|Healthcare Provider||Claims Received (2017/18)||Number of Incidents (2017/18)||Payments Made|
|Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust||40||0||4288975|
All data for this table was taken from:
No Win No Fee Salisbury Medical Negligence Claims
When you use a No Win No Fee claims service to have your clinical negligence claim processed, there is no fee when the solicitor agrees to represent you. There is also no fee as they process the claim on your behalf. You won’t to pay a fee if you don’t receive any compensation. The only time you pay, is when the solicitor has received a compensation payment for you which is when the solicitor deducts their ‘success fee’ from the amount you are awarded before giving you the remainder.
How To Contact Us
Have you been injured by a medical professional? Do you think you have been the victim of negligence? Do you need a medical negligence lawyer to process a claim for you? If so, call out team on 0800 652 3087. They will be able to explain how a claims service can get you the compensation you are eligible for, in a risk-free manner.
Hospitals Serving Salisbury
Salisbury District Hospital
Tel: +44 1722 336262
Advice And Guides
You may find these additional links to give useful information:
Also, these other guides could be of use:
Article by MW