Have you suffered due to medical negligence because of a medical practitioner in the area of Stoke-on-Trent? Our panel of medical negligence solicitors can cover the Stoke-on-Trent area. In this guide, we will try to explain the medical negligence claim process as well as who may be eligible and how liability is proven. We Will also discuss examples of medical negligence from negligent care at the dentist to medical misdiagnosis. We will also reveal how our panel of expert medical negligence solicitors could help you. If you have any queries about medical negligence, you will find our contact information at the end of the guide.
Choose A Section
- How To Find The Right Clinical Negligence Solicitor For Your Case
- You Do Not Need To Use A Medical Negligence Solicitor In Stoke-on-Trent
- Read Reviews Of Solicitors And Law Firms
- Your Injuries Could Be Assessed By Our Panel Of Doctors In Stoke-on-Trent
- Medical Negligence Cases In Stoke-on-Trent Our Team Could Handle
- Negligent Surgical Care
- Negligence Leading To Birth Injuries
- Negligence At A Hospital
- Negligence At A Care Home
- Negligence By A GP
- Negligence By A Dentist
- Negligent Cancer Care Or Misdiagnosis
- Stoke-on-Trent NHS Trusts Clinical Negligence Statistics
- No Win No Fee Medical Negligence Solicitors Covering Stoke-on-Trent
- Hospitals And Clinics In Stoke-on-Trent
- How To Start Your Medical Negligence Claim
When determining whether a medical negligence solicitor is right for you, you might want to ask the following questions:
- How much experience do you have in the industry? You may want to establish how many years of experience the personal injury lawyer has in their locker. You certainly may not want to go for the services of someone who is just starting out, as this could well be a risky approach to take.
- What do you specialise in? It could be important to ensure that the solicitor specialises in personal injury cases similar to yours. Using a solicitor that specialises in medical negligence is key.
- What payment terms do you offer? Not only would it be a good idea to make sure you could afford the charges proposed by the medical negligence lawyer, but you would need to be happy with the payment terms too. It may be important for you to go for someone that is happy to work to a no win no fee basis, as this could minimise risk considerably while also ensuring you benefit from a premium quality service.
- How do I get in touch with you? We feel it is vital to establish effective lines of communication from the off. The medical solicitor should, in our opinion, be more than happy to provide you with their email address and telephone number and they should be easy to get in touch with should you need to update them or require them to update you.
- Do you have any testimonials I could read? Last but not least, it is always advisable to read reviews that have been left by previous customers so you could get a good idea regarding the solicitor’s reputation in the industry.
A lot of people might well believe that they are going to need to use medical negligence solicitors in Stoke-on-Trent for claims of medical negligence in Staffordshire. The majority of medical claims are handled over the telephone and via email. You don’t need to search for medical negligence solicitors near me online. Instead, you could choose the right solicitor for you regardless of their location. Our panel of medical negligence solicitors can cover the Stoke-on-Trent area and have a knowledge base that stretchers over decades, so you can rest assure that they have the expertise that is needed to succeed in a case.
When searching for medical negligence solicitors in Stoke-on-Trent, it might well be a good idea to read medical negligence solicitors reviews that have been left by previous clients who were once in your position. These type of comments could be very insightful. It is important when reading reviews that you read both good and bad so that you can get a full picture and opinion of the solicitor and the firm they work for.
While you could use our panel of expert medical negligence solicitors, or a medical negligence solicitor based anywhere in the country, you may need to go to a medical expert near you so there is no inconvenience. We could assist with this. Some of the medical experts that could be available in Stoke-on-Trent include…
The Conference Rooms
66 Trinity Street
Stoke On Trent
Hobson Health, Kingfisher House
2 Waters Edge Business Park, Campbell Road
Stoke On Trent
Richard John Whitehouse
Lakeside Physiotherapy Clinic
Festival Way, Festival Park
Stoke On Trent
Our panel of expert medical negligence solicitors has many years of experience dealing with private and NHS medical negligence compensation claims throughout the United Kingdom. Although we are not based in Stoke-on-Trent we could handle cases nationwide as much of what we do is via the phone, internet and postal service. Below, we take a look at examples of potential medical negligence that could potentially take place in Stoke-on-Trent.
In the UK, the standard of care is very high. We have some of the best surgeons in the world. While all surgeries have their risks, this does not mean that negligent treatment should be a risk. If negligent treatment happens, it may not only cause physical harm but it is easy to see how mental injury could exist too. But, how could a surgeon be negligent during the treatment process? Some examples could possibly include performing the wrong surgery altogether, performing the surgery on the wrong part of the body, for example, amputating the wrong limb, and allowing retained surgical instruments. Other examples include improper sterilisation of the instruments used, leading to an infection, as well as damage to other organs during the surgery.
It is vital that expectant mum’s and unborn baby’s are monitored during the labour and delivery process so that if there are any complications they are spotted early enough before the consequences can be irreversible. If complications arise but are not acted up on straight away these cases could be very serious, leading to injuries to the mother and/or baby. If this has happened, compensation might well be the last thing on your mind. If the injuries are so severe that it effects quality of life compensation may not be an option it may be a necessity. Some birth injuries could result in life-long symptoms for the baby, and so you would need to get the right medical care for your child. Compensation could certainly assist with this.
There are lots of different hospitals in Stoke, including both private and public hospitals. If you have experienced any sort of illness at one of these establishments due to negligence, because the care you received was sub-standard and should have been to a much higher standard resulting in the harm you suffered then you may be eligible for hospital negligence damages. Our panel of expert medical negligence solicitors could provide you with a service that you may need.
If you or someone you love has encountered neglect at a care home it can be a very sad and stressful time. Sadly, in recent years, a few care homes in the UK have been hitting the head lines for their appalling treatment of their residents. Neglect could take shape in the form of dropping of standards by way of poor hygiene, staff giving patients the wrong medication, abuse, battery, negligent handling of vulnerable patients. No matter what has happened, give us a call today for more information.
If you have been feeling under the weather or you have noticed unusual symptoms, you may typically book an appointment with your GP. Your GP, therefore, plays a critical role in the treatment process, as he or she needs to effectively diagnose the illness so that you could take the next correct step or transfer you to a specialist for diagnostic testing. If they do not do this, or they simply dismiss your symptoms, you could end up getting even more ill. If you feel that the care and treatment that you received from your GP was negligent in the way it caused you harm or allowed an existing condition to worsen call our team today and we can assess your case with no obligation.
If you have experienced dentist medical negligence, you might be in a position where you wish to explore the possibility of making a claim for compensation. This is something that we could help you explore too. From extracting the wrong tooth to causing damage to healthy teeth, misdiagnosing gum disease these types of dental negligence our panel of medical negligence solicitors maybe able to assist with.
Our panel of expert medical negligence solicitors could assist you with making a claim for medical negligence if you have been the victim of negligent cancer care or you have not received the right diagnosis due to negligence which has resulted in further ill health. These cases could often be severe in nature. This is because cancer could become worse over time and spread to other parts of the body. Therefore, if the right treatment is not provided at the earliest possible point either because of misdiagnosis or a delay in diagnosis the cancer may develop to an aggressive stage. This could mean more intensive treatment, such as chemotherapy and radiotherapy, or it could even mean that the disease becomes fatal. If you have suffered due to cancer misdiagnosis or a loved one has our panel of medical experts maybe able to assist you and provide you with the information you need.
To get a better understanding of the number of medical negligence incidents in Stoke-on-Trent, please refer to the table below.
|Healthcare provider||Claims received 17/18||Number of incidents 17/18||CNST Damages Paid|
|Staffordshire & Stoke-on-Trent Partnership NHS Trust||11||0||£77,667|
Please note this is only for NHS trusts. Private hospital data is not available.
When looking for medical negligence solicitors in Stoke-on-Trent, it would be a good idea for you to search for no win no fee solicitors. Our panel of expert medical negligence solicitors work on this basis. This means that you are only going to pay legal fees to us for a successful personal injury claim. If your case is unsuccessful, you won’t pay us a penny.
There are many different hospitals and clinics in the Stoke-on-Trent area, including…
- Nuffield Health North Staffordshire Hospital
- Royal Stoke University Hospital
- Uhnm NHS Trust
- University Hospitals of North Midlands
- Harplands Hospital
- The Haywood Hospital
- The Darwin Centre
- Longton Cottage Hospital
Our panel of medical negligence solicitors can cover the Stoke-on-Trent area, meaning you don’t have to use medical negligence solicitors in Stoke-on-Trent. No matter whether you have been the victim of a birth injury, you want to make a cancer claim, or something else has happened, you can speak to our experts today to make a personal injury claim. You can reach us between 8 am and 9 pm, any day of the week, on 0800 652 3087.