How You Could Claim Compensation For Medical Negligence In Tamworth
On this page, you will read a guide to medical negligence solicitors who could cover the Tamworth area. Within it, you will find lots of information that demonstrates how negligence can occur, and the kind of harm it can cause patients when it does. We are also going to offer advice on how you can start looking for a good solicitor to process a claim for you.
You may have questions that this guide does not cover, or need general advice on the process of making a negligence claim. Our panel of medical negligence solicitors can cover the Tamworth area, and are available on 0800 652 3087 to answer any questions that you have, 24 hours a day.
Choose A Section:
- How To Select A Solicitor For Your Tamworth Medical Negligence Case
- Do I Need To Claim With A Tamworth Clinical Negligence Solicitor?
- Our Panel Of Doctors Could Assess Your Injuries In Tamworth
- Do I Need To Research Reviews Of Solicitors?
- Claims For Clinical Negligence Panel Of Solicitors Could Handle
- Surgery Gone Wrong – Surgical Errors
- Nursing Home Neglect Or Negligence
- Cancer Negligence Claims
- Birth Negligence Claims – Midwife Errors
- Dental Negligence Claims
- GP Doctor Negligence Claims
- Hospital Negligence Claims
- Hospitals And Medical Centres In Tamworth
- West Midlands NHS Trust Claims Data
- No Win No Fee Medical Negligence Claims In The West Midlands
- Contact Us
How To Select A Solicitor For Your Tamworth Medical Negligence Case
If you have never had to go through the process of finding a good legal team, deciding where to start your search might be confusing. There are a few ways that you can approach the problem. For example:
- You could talk to friends and family members, to ask if any of them can recommend a solicitor
- You can speak to your work colleagues, to find out if any of them has any recommendations
- You can use an online reviews site, and read reviews of solicitors
- Social networking sites such as Facebook, allow you to ask your social connections for recommendations
All of these are good ways to start your search. However, we can provide you with an easier alternative. You can speak to a member of our panel of expert medical negligence solicitors, who will explain how a claims service can be a simple and effective way to have your claim processed. They will also be able to give you an estimate of how much you could be able to claim and they will let you know which medical negligence claims time limit applies in your own case.
Do I Need To Claim With A Tamworth Clinical Negligence Solicitor?
To answer the question, do I need to use medical negligence solicitors in my area? The answer is no, you can use any solicitor you choose to have your Tamworth clinical negligence claim processed. The reason being that you can use the telephone, Skype, SMS, email or other method to keep in touch with your lawyer, so the location doesn’t really matter. It is far more important to choose the most suitable solicitor who boasts the best chance of processing your claim and achieving a successful outcome.
Our Panel Of Doctors Could Assess Your Injuries In Tamworth
If you intend on making a Tamworth medical negligence claim, you can prepare for this by undergoing an independent medical examination to establish the extent of the harm you suffered. We can arrange a free medical examination in the Tamworth area, from the following medical professionals:
|Sohail Rehman||Atlas Pain Relief Centre||Tamworth||B79 7HS|
|7 Victoria Road|
|Mohammed Safdar||Leisure Island, Riverdrive||Tamworth||B79 7ND|
Do I Need To Research Reviews Of Solicitors?
Reading a number of medical negligence solicitor reviews, is a good way to build a list of solicitors who might be suitable. When you do this, make a note of facts about the review, and the medical negligence solicitor it covers, such as:
- Was the review positive?
- Was the claim successful?
- Did the solicitor offer a No Win No Fee deal, and how much did they charge as a percentage of the settlement?
- How long ago was the review published?
- Does the review cover a claim similar to your own?
Comparing the data collected will help you shortlist the legal firms you think may the most suitable. If you don’t have the time to do this, speak to a member of our claims team, who will explain how our claims service works, and can get your claim started today.
Claims For Clinical Negligence Panel Of Solicitors Could Handle
Clinical negligence can take many forms. Put simply, a doctor has a duty of care towards you and if they failed to meet this duty, and you were harmed in a way that was avoidable, then medical negligence could have occurred. For example:
- A surgeon slips, and cuts a patient
- A dentist harms a patient during dental surgery
- A GP fails to ensure that a patient receives treatment, causing their condition to worsen
- A mother or baby is injured due to negligence during childbirth
- A resident of a care or nursing home suffers an injury due to an accident caused by negligence
- Treatment of a serious illness such as cancer is delayed due to a wrongful or delayed diagnosis, causing the health of the patient to suffer
Surgery Gone Wrong – Surgical Errors
There are a number of ways that a patient can be harmed during, or after a surgical procedure. For example:
- Mistakes made by a surgeon, causing injuries
- Errors made by the anaesthetist causing an adverse reaction or even death
- Lax post-op care, leading to the patient contracting an infection
Nursing Home Neglect Or Negligence
All nursing or care homes are required to provide residents with a very specific minimum standard of care. This standard is enforced by multiple layers of rules and regulations. When care home staff are negligent, due to being overworked, or under-trained, this can result in an injury to a resident. Should this be the case, it could be possible for a personal injury solicitor to process a claim on behalf of the injured party.
Cancer Negligence Claims
Cancer is an illness that needs prompt treatment, using advanced methods such as chemotherapy and radiotherapy, to give the victim the best chance possible of making a recovery. When a misdiagnosis or a late diagnosis is made, it could mean that treatment is delayed, the cancer can get worse, and in the most extreme cases, result in the death of the patient.
Birth Negligence Claims – Midwife Errors
When a midwife, doctor or nurse attending a birth, makes a mistake, the mother, baby or both could be injured. Birth negligence stories often indicate injuries such as:
- Injuries to the mother – perineal tears, fractured pelvis or damaged pelvic muscles, cuts, lacerations and scarring
- Injuries to the baby – medical conditions such as cerebral palsy, permanent brain damage, fractured bones, cuts, lacerations and scarring
Dental Negligence Claims
The definition of dental negligence could be any instance when a patient is harmed by a dentist or dental nurse in a way that could have bee avoided. For example:
- The dentist makes a mistake with a surgical device, such as a drill, and cuts the patient
- Treatment results in healthy teeth being damaged or lost
- Treatment results in cuts or bruising to the face or neck
- Injuries that result in permanent scarring and disfigurement
- Infections or damage to the gums or jaw
GP Doctor Negligence Claims
A GP has two primary care roles. Firstly, to diagnose and treat minor injuries and illnesses, prescribing medication or treatment as necessary. Secondly, in the case of major illnesses or serious injuries, to refer the patient to the correct healthcare unit for treatment. When a GP fails in either of these two roles, it can mean the patient receives the wrong treatment, or even goes untreated. This can, of course, have a detrimental effect on the patient’s health. In cases such as this, it could be possible to claim for compensation against a negligent doctor.
Hospital Negligence Claims
There are many ways that a person can come to harm due to negligence whilst attending the hospital. For example:
- Being exposed to radiation or dangerous chemicals, causing health issues
- Receiving shoddy treatment, such as a haphazardly applied plaster cast, that fails to treat an injury
- Being administered the wrong medication, or the wrong dose of medication, causing an adverse reaction
Hospitals And Medical Centres In Tamworth
Sir Robert Peel Community Hospital
West Midlands NHS Trust Claims Data
The table below, gives details of cases of NHS negligence in the West Midlands area:
|Healthcare Provider||Claims Received (2017/18)||Number of Incidents (2017/18)||CNST Damages|
|West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust||13||*||402278|
Data for this table was taken from:
No Win No Fee Medical Negligence Claims In The West Midlands
If you use a No Win No Fee claims service to have your personal injury claim processed, you won’t need to pay anything when your claim is started. You also don’t pay anything while it is processed. If the solicitor fails to get you any compensation, then you still don’t pay anything. You only pay a fee when the legal firm has received a compensation payment for you, known as a success fee. At this stage, they will automatically deduct their fee from the money they received for you, and then they will pass you the remainder. So there really is no financial risk when you use this kind of claims service.
Have you been harmed due to the negligent actions of a medical professional? Do you need to find a good personal injury lawyer to process your claim for you? If so, our team is available 24/7 on 0800 652 3087. They can explain how a claims service can help you to get the compensation you are entitled too, and how your claim can be started right away.
You may find that these external links offer some additional info:
You can also read these other guides:
Article by MW