By Lewis Morrison. Last Updated 20th December 2022. Any personal injury claim that you need to make, might require a specialist to support you. That’s especially true when talking about medical or clinical negligence claims. Your priority, when making a claim, is ensuring you receive the correct level of compensation. This can be made much easier when you have a medical negligence specialist on your side. In this guide we’ll provide information for anybody searching for medical negligence solicitors in Walsall which will help you decide which solicitor to use.
You might not be aware that the solicitor doesn’t need to be based in Walsall. Our panel of medical negligence solicitors can cover the Walsall area so please get in touch if you’d like to begin claim. Call us today on 0800 652 3087 to discuss your options.
If you’d like to know more first, then please carry on reading.
Choose A Section
- Walsall Solicitors – How To Find The Best Solicitors For Medical Negligence
- Does My Medical Negligence Solicitor Need To Be Near Me?
- Are Recommendations And Online Reviews Helpful?
- Claims A Medical Negligence Specialist Solicitor Could Conduct
- Could My Injuries Be Assessed Locally?
- Negligent Cancer Treatment Claims
- Birth Injury Claims
- Surgical Error Claims
- Clinical And Hospital Negligence Claims
- Malpractice Or Negligence By A Dentist
- Negligent Care In A Nursing Home
- Clinical Negligence Claims For General Practice Errors
- Walsall NHS Trust Medical Negligence Statistics
- Hospitals And Healthcare In Walsall
- No Win No Fee Solicitors Handling Clinical Negligence Claims In Walsall
- Contact A Clinical Negligence Expert
- Further Information
When it comes to working with solicitors for a medical negligence claim, there are plenty of options. Whilst you may think it’s only possible to work with solicitors in Walsall following a local incident, this isn’t the case.
A lot of solicitors, including Walsall solicitors, can work remotely. Therefore, no matter where they are based in the country, a medical injury solicitor could help you.
Other elements you may want to consider include your solicitor’s success rate and experience. For example, the specialist solicitors on our panel have many years of experience and have helped many clients with medical negligence claims.
Furthermore, you might benefit from working with a solicitor from our panel on the basis of a No Win No Fee agreement. This is discussed in further detail later in this guide.
We’ll discuss everything you need to know about working with medical negligence solicitors in this article. You can also speak to our advisors for free legal advice at any time. They offer free consultations with no obligation to continue using our services afterwards.
Sometimes, claimants think, “I need to use medical negligence solicitors near me”, but this simply isn’t the case. There are no legal requirements to use a local solicitor and with the means of technology getting greater and greater there are many different communication methods for you to keep in touch with you medical negligence solicitor.
When you communicate with a personal injury solicitor, it could be done by email, telephone and using the postal service. So you do not have to travel too far our panel of medical negligence solicitors will use the services of medical experts in you area for your medical assessment.
Are Recommendations And Online Reviews Helpful?
Medical negligence solicitor’s reviews can be really useful. You can use them to find out about recent successes, customer satisfaction, compensation amounts and the professionalism of the personal injury lawyer.
As with any review, or recommendation, use it as a starting point. You should also contact the solicitor yourself and discuss your claim with them. Reviews will only get you so far, speaking with them directly will help you decide if they are the best medical negligence solicitor for you.
Claims A Medical Negligence Specialist Solicitor Could Conduct
Over the coming sections, we’ll provide examples of common types of medical negligence. Our panel of expert medical negligence solicitors can help with all types of claims, so don’t worry if yours isn’t listed here, simply call the number at the bottom of the guide for any information you may need.
Could My Injuries Be Assessed Locally?
Before covering different examples of clinical and medical negligence here is a list of the medical specialists in the Walsall area that could assess your injuries:
24 Birmingham Road,
Walsall, WS1 2LT.
Walsall, WS2 8TJ.
Rushall Medical Centre,
107 Litchfield Road,
Walsall, WS4 1HB.
Negligent Cancer Treatment Claims
Cancer can be a fast developing illness that could spread in the body if left untreated or the treatment is delayed. Receiving cancer treatment is vital if the patient is to have a positive prognosis. Examples of potential negligent cancer treatment may include:
- Delayed diagnosis of cancer: It is hugely important that a cancer diagnosis is made early so that treatment can start when necessary, if the diagnosis is late it may mean that cancer has had time to develop to further stages.
- Misdiagnosis of cancer: If you were assessed but told you were suffering from something else, or nothing was wrong, you may be able to claim compensation if your condition got worse because of the misdiagnosis.
- Failure to refer you to specialists: One of the main things a GP will do, once they suspect cancer, is to refer you to a specialist for a thorough assessment. If they fail to do so, for any reason, and your condition deteriorates you may be eligible for damages.
Birth Injury Claims
Childbirth should be one of the happiest times for a parent, but if the mother or their baby is injured during the birth, it can have a life-changing impact. If the injury that was sustained was due to negligent treatment, late intervention, carelessness or substandard treatment then it could possible lead to a compensation claim
Examples of injuries to the mother could possible include:
- Vaginal tears (first, second, third or fourth degree tears are all possible).
- Damage to internal organs.
- Incorrect performed episiotomy which lead to infection.
Examples of injuries to the baby could potentially include:
- Brain injuries caused by anoxia or hypoxia.
- Obstetric brachial plexus injuries.
- Broken bones.
- Cerebral Palsy.
Surgical Error Claims
Even though you sign a form to confirm you understand the risks associated with surgery, you could still claim if your injured during surgery because of some form of negligence.
Clinical And Hospital Negligence Claims
When you attend a hospital, either an NHS or private hospital, you expect to be treated for your injuries or illness. You don’t expect to sustain new problems or your condition to worsen.
NHS negligence claims and private hospital claims could be possible if you receive a substandard service, if you receive neglect treatment or if the treatment you did receive was careless and it lead to you being injured in some way, contracting an illness or a new illness developing or your current condition was allowed to worsen. In order for a hospital to be liable for the avoidable harm that you suffered a medical negligence solicitor would want to prove that another health care provider or medical staff of the same ability would have not caused you to suffer further given similar circumstances. Examples could include:
- Incorrect medicine prescribed or dispensed which causes you to be ill.
- Surgical errors which lead to injuries and illnesses.
- Superbugs such as MRSA contracted due to poor hygiene.
- Misdiagnosis and delayed diagnosis which allows a condition to worsen.
- Anaesthetic errors which causes unnecessary pain.
Malpractice Or Negligence By A Dentist
Dentists negligence claims are also possible if a dentist, dental nurse or hygienist causes you to suffer an avoidable injury through neglect actions or inactions. As these are all medical professionals, they have an obligation and a duty of care to not cause any unnecessary harm. Dental negligence could include:
- If you undergo a procedure that wasn’t required.
- When you’re injured during a dental operation through negligence.
- If the anaesthetic wasn’t administered correctly, leading to excessive pain.
- Or if incorrect medicines were prescribed causing illness.
Negligent Care In A Nursing Home
Some of society’s most vulnerable have to spend time in care homes, sometimes for a long period of time. The medical professionals who care for them owe them a duty of care to ensure they remain safe and receive a level of care which meets minimum standards.
If you believe you or a loved one has been injured, or become ill, while staying in a care home, due to negligence, neglect, abuse, carelessness, substandard treatment please get in touch. Our specialists can advise whether you’ll be able to claim or not.
Clinical Negligence Claims For General Practice Errors
GP’s are usually the first point of contact for most patients within the NHS system. This means they have the first opportunity to assess and treat patients or refer them to other services where required.
Examples of GP negligence could possibly include:
- Incorrect medication being prescribed. This could lead to the original condition getting worse. It could, in some cases, also mean a new illness is sustained if the medication causes side-effects.
- A misdiagnosed condition can result in the condition worsening as it will not be treated properly until a correct diagnosis happens and also if medication is prescribed for the wrong condition it could have ill health effects on the patients.
- Delayed diagnosis can happen if the patient visits the doctor on multiple occasions, with the same symptoms, before the correct condition is diagnosed. This could mean their symptoms worsen or treatment might not be as effective as it would’ve been earlier on.
Walsall NHS Trust Medical Negligence Statistics
Here are the latest statistics for compensation payments made by the NHS trust that operates in Walsall:
|Claims in 2017/2018
|Number of Incidents 2017/2018
|CNST Damages Paid
|Walsall Healthcare NHS Trust
Hospitals And Healthcare In Walsall
Walsall isn’t a massive city, so there aren’t too many hospitals in the area. For your information though, here are the NHS and private hospitals in and around Walsall:
- Walsall Manor Hospital (NHS).
- Bloxwhich Hospital (NHS).
- Spire Little Aston Hospital (Private).
Many patients will either be seen in these hospitals or others in the surrounding area. Our panel of medical negligence solicitors can cover the Walsall area and hospitals nearby too. Please get in touch if you think you have suffered an injury or illness caused by medical negligence.
No Win No Fee Solicitors Handling Clinical Negligence Claims In Walsall
Not many people want to risk their own money when making a medical negligence claim, which is why no win no fee exists. When you contact a solicitor offering this service they will:
- Assess your claim for free in an initial consultation.
- If they think you’ve got a strong case, they’ll prepare a conditional fee agreement (CFA – or no win no fee agreement).
- The CFA will state that there’s nothing to pay up front and nothing to pay the solicitor if the case is lost.
- It will also explain how the success fee works. This is the fee that is taken from your compensation (maximum 25%) if the case is won. It is how you pay the solicitor for their services.
- They will then conduct your claim.
- If they win, they retain their success fee before sending the rest of the compensation straight to you.
Contact A Clinical Negligence Expert
Hopefully you’ve found this guide useful. If you were searching for medical negligence solicitors in Walsall, we hope you now understand that our panel of medical negligence solicitors can cover the Walsall area and help with your case.
For further information, we’ve included some extra guides which you might find useful.
Moat Rd, Walsall WS2 9PS.
Hospital Services – This useful guide from the NHS explains all of the different services that are available.
Walsall Healthcare – Information about the services, hospitals, doctor’s services and everything else you might need to know about the Walsall Healthcare NHS trust.
MRSA Claims – We mentioned MRSA and other super bugs earlier in this guide. This article provides much more detailed information including symptoms and the different types of bugs that can be contracted.
Stillborn Birth Claims – A more detailed look at when a claim for a stillborn baby could be made.
Find A GP – This useful tool, provided by the NHS, will help you locate GP surgeries in your area including their contact details.
Edited by LisM.