You may have found this guide when searching for medical negligence solicitors in Bracknell as you maybe wondering if you have suffered due to negligence by a medical professional. Within this guide we have provided information on how you could choose the right solicitor for your case as well as different examples of medical negligence.
You might have questions that this guide does not answer, or a specific question that relates only to your claim. If this is the case, you can speak to one of our expert advisors on 0800 652 3087. They will give you the answers that you need, and assess your eligibility to claim.
Choose A Section:
- How You Can Find The Right Solicitor To Handle Your Medical Claim
- Read Ratings And Reviews Of A Medical Claims Solicitor
- A Solicitor Does Not Have To Be Based Close To You
- Our Panel Of Doctors In Hampshire Could Examine Your Injuries
- Examples Of Clinical Negligence Claims You Could Make
- Surgical Error Negligence
- Pregnancy And Birth Injuries
- GP Neglect Or Negligence
- Hospital Negligence Cases
- Dental Negligence Claim
- Care Home Negligent Injuries Or Illness
- Misdiagnosed Cancer
- NHS Data Showing Records Of Medical Negligence In Bracknell And Berkshire
- Hospital In Bracknell
- No Win No Fee Solicitors For Clinical Negligence Claims
- Contact Us
How You Can Find The Right Solicitor To Handle Your Medical Claim
Starting the search for a good team of solicitors to process a negligence claim for you, might seem like a daunting proposition. Especially if you have had no prior dealings with a solicitor. The good news is, there are a few shortcuts you could try, to make your search easier, for example:
- You can ask your friends, and also your family, whether they have used a specific solicitor in the past, and whether they would recommend them.
- Your work colleagues and co-workers may be able to recommend a solicitor.
- You could try asking your contacts on social networking sites such as Facebook, whether they know a good solicitor.
- You may be able to find an online review site, that has published a number of reviews of solicitors.
All of these are good ways to start your search. However, we can offer you a much simpler alternative. Our panel of medical negligence solicitors can cover the Bracknell area, and can offer you some advice on how to proceed with your claim simply. They can also tell you which specific medical negligence claims time limit will apply in your case. And even if you have already used an online personal injury claims calculator to get a rough idea of how much you could claim, they should be able to give you a more accurate estimate.
Read Ratings And Reviews Of A Medical Claims Solicitor
A website that has published some medical negligence solicitor reviews, can be a good place to start your search for a solicitor. While you are reading the reviews, take note of information such as:
- How long ago it was published.
- What kind of claim it covers.
- Whether the claim was won or lost.
- Whether the review was good or bad.
- How much the solicitor charged as a fee.
This kind of info can be compared to narrow down search. This will still take a little effort though, and if you don’t have the time to do this, our team can help. They can explain how a claims service is a simple way to get the legal help you need.
A Solicitor Does Not Have To Be Based Close To You
To answer the question, do I need to use medical negligence solicitors in my area? The answer is no, there is no legal requirement that states you must use medical negligence solicitors in Wokingham. No matter where your solicitor is located, you can keep in touch with them using the phone, email, webchat, etc. A much more important factor, is how suitable the solicitor is, and whether they will have a good chance of successfully processing your claim for you.
Our Panel Of Doctors In Hampshire Could Examine Your Injuries
You maybe required to have a medical assessment done by an impartial doctor so that a report can be done to evaluate your suffering. The report a medical professional produces, can be used to prove the extent of the harm you have suffered. It can be arranged for you to undergo a medical examination in Hampshire, from this doctor:
|Augustine Aluko||Physiotherapy Consultancy Services||Berkshire||RG1 7YJ|
|7 Prospect Mews, Prospect Street|
Examples Of Clinical Negligence Claims You Could Make
First, an answer to the question, what is medical negligence? In order to be able to claim for medical negligence a personal injury solicitor may ask the following three questions;
- Did a medical professional owe you a duty of care?
- Did the medical professional fail to meet their duty of care in some way, and this led to the you being unnecessarily harmed?
- Could have the harm been avoided?
If you can answer yes to all three questions it may be possible for a medical negligence solicitor to pursue a claim for damages.
Possible examples of medical negligence could include;
- Negligent mistakes made during an operation harming the patient.
- Childbirth injuries caused by negligence.
- A GP failing in their primary care role and causing unnecessary suffering.
- A dentist negligently extracting the wring tooth.
- Medication errors, causing the patient to suffer adverse health effects.
Surgical Error Negligence
Patients put an incredible amount of trust in surgeons to get the job done as very often surgery can come with risks. As well as an obligation to uphold their duty of care they also must adhere to the surgical code of conduct. Under no circumstances can surgeons or their surgical team allow the standard of treatment and care they provide to fall below that minimum standard as if it does patient’s health could suffer as a consequence. Examples of surgical negligence could include;
- Negligent surgery causing a perforation to healthy organs.
- Too much, or the wrong anaesthetic, causing an adverse reaction.
- Post-operation aftercare failing to prevent infections due to poor hygiene issues.
Pregnancy And Birth Injuries
If mistakes are made during the birthing process, the mother and baby can sustain mild to life-threatening injuries. These could include:
- To the baby:
- A brain injury during child birth.
- Long-term medical conditions such as cerebral palsy.
- Permanent scarring and disfigurement.
- Fractured bones.
- Cuts, scrapes and bruises.
- To the mother:
- Soft tissue injuries.
- Damage to the pelvis (bone or muscle).
- Perineal tears.
If the injuries are caused because there was a substandard service provided or due to negligent care by a medical professional and the harm that was caused could have been avoided then a claim for birth injury negligence may exist.
GP Neglect Or Negligence
Your GP, as your first point of contact when you are ill, fills two primary healthcare roles, and these are:
- Diagnosing and treating minor injuries and illnesses.
- Referring a patient for diagnostic testing, blood tests, treatment such as physiotherapy, to see a psychologist, to see a specialist doctor.
If the GP fails in these duties when it would have been expected of them to complete them successfully, and this causes harm to a patient, such as allowing a medical condition to go untreated, then it could be possible to make a claim for doctor malpractice.
Hospital Negligence Cases
Hospitals offer many different services and all staff at all times regardless of which department they work within must not breach their duty of care as it may mean a patient could suffer for example:
- Bed sores, due to lack of being moved.
- Mis-interpretation of x-rays means fractures go undiagnosed.
- Medication errors, causing an adverse or allergic reaction..
Dental Negligence Claim
All those that work within the dentists surgery have a duty of care towards their patients. Dentists, dental nurses, orthodontists, hygienists, must create a safe environment so that patients are never avoidable harmed.
Examples of dental negligence could possibly include;
- A dentist slips when using a dental drill, and cuts the patient.
- Carrying out an unnecessary procedure due to misdiagnosis.
- The loss or damage to healthy teeth.
- Avoidable nerve damage during a dental procedure.
Care Home Negligent Injuries Or Illness
Each care home or nursing home, is regulated by multiple levels of rules and regulations. These are intended to ensure that the home provides a safe, healthy level of care for its residents. When compliance fails, and the care level drops, it could result in a resident being harmed in some way. If you or a loved one has been harmed due to negligence in a care home then the basis for a care home claim maybe present.
Often cancer requires the rapid administering of advanced treatments such as chemotherapy and radiotherapy, in order for the victim to have the best chance of making a full recovery. In hospital negligence cases whereby the cancer diagnosis was wrong, or late because of negligence, and this resulted in a catastrophic delay in treatment which lead to unnecessary suffering then it could be possible for the patient or their dependants, to make a claim for the preventable harm caused.
NHS Data Showing Incidents Of Medical Negligence In Bracknell And Berkshire
This table covers NHS negligence. Specifically, Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust.
|Healthcare Provider||Claims Received (2017/18)||Number of Incidents (2017/18)||Payments Made|
|Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust||42||*||£20,336,148
Data for this table was taken from:
Hospitals In Bracknell
No Win No Fee Solicitors For Clinical Negligence Claims
A No Win No Fee claims service can provide you with a medical negligence lawyer, at no initial financial outlay. There is no fee to start a claim, no fee while the claim is processed, and no fee to your legal team if the claim is unsuccessful. You only pay legal fees when the solicitor receives a compensation payment for you. At this stage, they will deduct their fee from the money received, and then give you the remainder.
Have you suffered an injury due to medical negligence in Bracknell? Do you think you have a valid cause to make a personal injury claim? If so, speak to one of our team on 0800 652 3087. They are available 24 hours a day, and can explain how a claims service can help you to get the compensation you are eligible for.
These external links might be of use:
UK GP survey.
These additional guides might also be some help:
Edited by LisM.