On this page, you will read a guide to using medical negligence solicitors in Cheshunt in relation to making a claim for compensation. Below, you will read about many of the different ways that clinical negligence can result in a patient being harmed either directly or indirectly by a healthcare professional. You will also learn why you could be able to make a claim yourself.
You may find that not all of your questions are answered by this guide, or you may need advice that is specific to your own claim. In this case, we can assist you. Speak to one of our claims team on 0800 652 3087, and they will be able to tell you how our panel of expert medical negligence solicitors can help you to get the compensation that you deserve.
Choose A Section:
- Ways To Choose A Clinical Negligence Solicitor To Handle Your Claim
- You Don’t Always Need To Use A Medical Claims Solicitor Based Locally
- Could My Medical Examination Be Carried Out Close To Cheshunt?
- Rated And Reviewed Clinical Negligence Solicitors
- Instances Of Medical Negligence In Cheshunt You Could Claim For
- General Practice Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Abuse Or Malpractice
- Malpractice In Dental Care
- Cheshunt Hospital Malpractice Claims
- Surgeon Or Surgical Team Malpractice
- Obstetrics Midwifery And Gynecology Negligence
- Cancer And Oncological Care Malpractice
- Cheshunt Area Hospitals
- Hertfordshire NHS Trust Clinical Negligence Claim Statistics
- No Win No Fee Medical Malpractice Claims
- How To Contact Us
- Medical Claims Resources
Ways To Choose A Clinical Negligence Solicitor To Handle Your Claim
Finding a suitable solicitor to handle your claim for you, may seem like a difficult task if you have never had to deal with a legal firm before. However, there are a handful of ways you can get a head start with your search, such as:
- Friends or family members might be able to recommend a solicitor.
- Your work colleagues might have used a personal injury solicitor.
- Online review sites are a good place to compare solicitors who have dealt with claims similar to yours.
- Social networking sites are good places to ask for recommendations.
Of course, you may draw a blank even if you try all of these ideas. In this case, we have a further option for you. You can use the number at the end of this guide to speak to a member of our claims team. They can provide you with critical information regarding the medical negligence claims time limit. They will also be able to give you a rough estimate of how much you could claim, even if you have used a personal injury claims calculator to work this out, they may be more accurate. They will also tell you how our panel of medical negligence solicitors can cover the Cheshunt area, and can help you to get the compensation you may be eligible for.
You Don’t Always Need To Use A Medical Claims Solicitor Based Locally
As an answer to the question, do I need to use medical negligence solicitors in my area? We can say that there is no legal requirement for you to use a local firm, you can use any legal team you like, anywhere in the UK. More important than location, is the suitability of the solicitor, and how likely they would be to resolve your claim successfully. You can use any communication channel such as telephone, email or even webchat to keep in touch with your lawyer easily, no matter where they are based.
Could My Medical Examination Be Carried Out Close To Cheshunt?
In order to make a claim for personal injury you are required to undergo an independent medical assessment with a doctor. This will form the base of your claim and your solicitor will use this, among other factors to value your claim for compensation. Although you don’t need to use clinical negligence solicitors in Cheshunt, our panel of doctors work close by and will be able to perform the assessment for you if you choose to go with our panel of medical negligence solicitors to make your claim for personal injury. In the table below you see some of our panel of doctors;
|Nicholas Dansie||15a Codicote Road, Welwyn||Hertfordshire||AL6 9NE|
|Asef Zafar||54 Clarendon Road, Watford||Herts||WD17 1DU|
Rated And Reviewed Clinical Negligence Solicitors
You might want to use medical negligence solicitor reviews, published on a website, to compare a number of different legal firms across Cheshunt and the UK. If you choose to do this, you could use the points below to help you make your decision;
- Is the review new enough to be of use?
- Does the review cover a similar claim to your own?
- Was the claim successful or not?
- Did the reviewer have a good experience?
- How much was charged as a fee by the solicitor?
Facts such as these are going to help you pick out the best of the solicitors that have been reviewed, but it is still going to take some time to go through this process. As a simpler, faster alternative, you can talk to one of our claim experts. They will explain to you how we can provide you with the right solicitor to process your claim.
Instances Of Medical Negligence In Cheshunt You Could Claim For
There are many forms of clinical negligence that medical negligence law firms help their clients with. In every case, the victim has suffered actual physical harm as a result of negligence. Negligence alone would not be a valid cause to claim. As an example:
- A GP makes a mistake and a patient goes without treatment, causing their health to suffer.
- The care level in a nursing home drops due to negligence, causing an incident that harms a resident.
- A dentist makes a mistake while performing a dental procedure and harms the patient.
- An accident at a hospital, that was the result of negligence, injures a member of the public.
- A mistake made during an operation harms the patient being operated on.
- Negligence during a birth and this avoidably harms either the mother or the baby.
- The misdiagnosis or late diagnosis causes a harmful delay in treatment for the patient.
General Practice Medical Malpractice
As part of their role, your GP owes you a duty of care along with performing many roles, two of which are listed below.
- Minor ailments and injuries – making a diagnosis and providing treatment.
- Major ailments and injuries – making a diagnosis and refereeing you to the correct medical professional for treatment.
When a GP gets things wrong, and the patient either goes without treatment, or treatment is delayed, this can cause their health to suffer. In this case, it could be possible for a claim to be made. Examples of such negligence can be found here.
Nursing Home Abuse Or Malpractice
The Government provides oversight for care homes, in the form of regulations that must be complied with at all times. When staff of care or nursing homes do not comply with these regulations, it can lead to the standard of care dropping, and ultimately, to one of the residents being neglected in a way that leads to them suffering harm. Examples of such negligence are;
- Failing to turn a bed bound patient regularly, which has resulted in pressure sore.
- Pressure sores not being treated correct which can lead to potentially life threatening infections such as Septicemia.
- Dropping a resident due to incorrect lifting techniques.
If you or a loved one have suffered for negligence in a nursing home, and this has caused you further harm, please contact us to discuss your options.
Malpractice In Dental Care
When you visit the dentist, all staff in that dental surgery have a duty of care to provide you with a level of service that is reasonably expected of them. If staff breach that duty by providing substandard care and this results in your receiving avoidable injury then you could be eligible for medical negligence compensation. Examples of such injuries can be seen below;
- Infections of the gum.
- Damage to, or the loss of healthy teeth.
- A fractured jaw.
- Facial cuts and scarring.
Cheshunt Hospital Malpractice Claims
Hospitals are extremely complex and busy environments, this is why all staff are trained to a high standard, which enables them to work in a fast paced environment. Unfortunately, from time to time, negligence can and does occur through substandard care which can lead to adverse and undue consequences to a patients health. This can be seen in ways such as:
- A patient undergoing an X-Ray or MRI scan could be exposed to harmful levels of radiation.
- Medication could be wrongly prescribed, causing a patient to become ill.
- Treatment can be wrongly administered, rendering treatment of an injury ineffective.
All of these examples show how negligence in a hospital has caused harm to a patient, and if you or a loved one have received substandard treatment and it has resulted in illness or injury in Cheshunt minor injuries unit or and department in Cheshunt Community Hospital then you could be eligible to make a personal injury claim.
Surgeon Or Surgical Team Malpractice
All surgeries come with a risk, and patients are made aware of this. However, the risk will increase drastically if one of the theatre staff is negligent in providing sufficient enough care and this causes the patient to suffer unnecessarily. Examples of such could be:
- Too much anaesthetic is administered, causing and adverse reaction or even death.
- A surgeon makes a mistake, making an incision in the wrong place leading to avoidable, but permanent scarring
- A surgical instrument such as a pair of forceps is left inside the patient.
Obstetrics Midwifery And Gynecology Negligence
When a mother is in childbirth, she is depending on the midwife and attending nurses to not make any mistakes that could harm herself or the baby. When mistakes are made, they can cause injuries such as:
- Injuries to the child could include:
- Failure to notice the baby is in distress and not receiving enough Oxygen which can cause life long conditions such as Cerebral Palsy.
- Incorrect use of forceps, leading to broken bones permanent disfigurement.
- Injuries to the mother could include:
- Perineal tears.
- Torn pelvic floor muscles.
- Internal bleeding.
- Injuries to the child could include:
Cancer And Oncological Care Malpractice
Serious medical conditions such as cancer, rely on the patient receiving rapid treatment, to maximise the chances of recovery. The onus is on all medical staff to ensure that all avenues are explored and dealt with in a correct and efficient manner so that all patients have a good chance at beating cancer. If this does not happen and something such as a late or misdiagnosis occurs then it can, in extreme circumstances, result in the death of the patient. Even less serious cases can cause the patient’s medical condition to worsen significantly. If this happens, with neglect as the cause, it could be possible for a personal injury lawyer to process a claim on behalf of the cancer victim.
Cheshunt Area Hospitals
- Cheshunt Community Hospital.
- Jasmine Court Independent Hospital.
- Chase Farm Hospital.
- BMI The Kings Oak Hospital.
- St Andrews Court.
- Hertfordshire Eye Hospital HQ.
Hertfordshire NHS Trust Clinical Negligence Claim Statistics
Below, you will find a table that details NHS negligence data for the Hertfordshire area:
|Healthcare Provider||Claims Received (2017/18)||Number of Incidents (2017/18)||Damages
|Hertfordshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust||*||*||£94,957
Data for this table was taken from the following online resource:
No Win No Fee Medical Malpractice Claims
If you choose to work with our panel of medical negligence solicitors, they will offer you a No Win No Fee agreement. This will mean that if your claim is unsuccessful you will not have to pay any legal fees to your solicitors. It also means that if you do win your case, a small portion of your compensation will be deducted. This amount will be agreed between you and your solicitor at the beginning of your claim. If the thought of a No Win No Fee agreement is something that interests you, and you would like to use our panel of medical negligence solicitors to process your claim for you, please fill in this form and one of our legal advisors will be in touch with you.
How To Contact Us
Do you need the help of a medical negligence lawyer, to make a claim for the harm you suffered due to some form of medical negligence? If this is the case, one of our claims team will be able to help you on 0800 652 3087. They will provide you with some free legal advice on how best to proceed.
Medical Claims Resources
These external links could be useful to you:
King Arthur Ct, Cheshunt, Waltham Cross, EN8 8XN.
Also, you can read these other useful guides:
Written by Mac.
Edited by Charlotte.