How You Could Claim Compensation For Medical Negligence In Harlow
On this page, you will read a guide on how to select a team of medical negligence solicitors in Harlow. The guide covers various types of medical negligence that could harm a patient, and also explains why you may be entitled to seek compensation from a responsible third party. We also provide legal advice on how to start your search when selecting a legal firm.
You might have questions which are not answered by this guide, or general questions about the claims process. Should this be the case, our panel of medical negligence solicitors can cover the Harlow area, and would be happy to answer your questions. Call them on 0800 652 3087 today.
Choose A Section:
- How To Find A Solicitor To Claim For Medical Negligence In Harlow
- Solicitors Near Me May Not Be Best
- Injuries Could Be Reviewed By Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Essex
- It May Be Helpful To Read Reviews And Testimonials
- What Medical Negligence Cases Could We Help Conduct?
- Care Home & Nursing Home Injuries
- Birth Injuries
- General Surgery Negligence
- General Practice And GP Negligence
- Hospital Injury Or Illness Negligence
- Misdiagnosed Cancer
- Dentistry Negligence
- Recorded Instances Of NHS Medical Negligence In Harlow
- No Win No Fee Clinical Negligence Claims In Harlow, Essex
- Harlow And Essex Hospitals
- Begin Your Claim
- Learn More
How To Find A Solicitor To Claim For Medical Negligence In Harlow
If you have never had dealings with a firm of solicitors, you may find the process of selecting one to process your claim a daunting challenge. However, there are ways to simplify this process, such as:
- Get in touch with your family and friends, and ask if any of them can recommend a good solicitor for you
- Speak to people at work, your co-workers and colleagues, and ask if any of them can recommend a good solicitor for you
- Search online for a review website, that has published solicitor reviews, and use these reviews to build a shortlist of possible legal firms
All of these methods can help in your search for legal representation. However, we can offer you an alternative that is far simpler. You can speak to one of our panel of expert medical negligence solicitors who can explain how our claims service works. They can also advise you on the medical negligence claims time limit that may apply in your case, and give you an estimate of how much you may be able to claim for your pain, suffering, loss of amenity and the expenses you incurred as a direct result of the negligence on the part of a medical professional.
Solicitors Near Me May Not Be Best
To answer the question, must I use solicitors near me? No, you don’t need to use local Harlow medical negligence solicitors to process your medical negligence claim. However, you can use a Harlow personal injury solicitor if you wish, but there is no legal obligation to do so. A better option is to disregard the location of the solicitor, and pick a firm that would have the best chance of successfully processing your medical negligence claim. After all, it is easy to keep in touch with the solicitor regardless of their location, using Skype, web chat, telephone, or email.
Injuries Could Be Reviewed By Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Essex
Something we would recommend that every victim of medical negligence does is to be thoroughly prepared before making a personal injury claim and this would include being examined by an impartial medical professional. The medical report produced would be used to prove the severity of the harm you suffered through the negligence of a responsible party. We can arrange for you to have a free medical examination in Harlow, from the following:
|Sajive Bansal||90 Copse Hill||Harlow||CM19 4PP|
|Sajive Bansal||Harlow Occupational Health Service Ltd||Harlow||CM20 2DJ|
|Edinburgh Place, Templefields|
|Sajive Bansal||Harlow Resource Centre||Harlow||CM20 3DT|
|1st floor of Harlow Leisure Zone,|
It May Be Helpful To Read Reviews And Testimonials
There are online platforms that publish medical negligence solicitor reviews, this could be a good starting point for performing a comparative analysis of various legal firms. Be sure to keep track of information such as:
- The age of the review
- The type of claim the review covers
- Whether the outcome of the claim was positive
- Whether the review was good or bad
- The kind of fee structure the solicitor offered and how much they charged
Facts like these can be compared across several review platforms, and can help you select the best legal firm to represent you. However, this can be time consuming and if you don’t have the time to go through several review platforms, our team can offer you a simpler, quicker way to get the legal representation that you need.
What Medical Negligence Cases Could We Help Conduct?
There are lots of ways that people could be harmed by clinical negligence in Essex, for example:
- A mother, baby, or both, could be injured during childbirth, due to the negligence of a nurse attending the birth
- An accident on a hospital ward, caused by negligence, causes and injury to a mother, baby or both
- A surgeon slips with a scalpel, causing harm
- A dentist injures a patient due to a mistake, while performing a dental procedure
- A serious illness such as cancer is misdiagnosed, or wrongly diagnosed, causing the patient’s condition to worsen due to the delay in receiving proper treatment
- A GP makes a mistake, and does not refer a patient for the correct treatment, causing their condition to worsen or go untreated
- A resident in a care home comes to harm, because one of the care staff carried out their duties in a negligent manner
The common theme with all of these examples is that a medical professional caused harm to a patient through error, oversight, or omission in some way. Therefore, a valid claim could exist, please speak to a member of our team if you would like more information.
Care Home & Nursing Home Injuries
Nursing and care homes are required to comply with all legislation and Health & Safety regulations pertaining to long term medical care. However, the level of care can fall when compliance is not met. This can result harm being done to one of the residents due to negligence on the part of a responsible third party. In these cases, a medical negligence solicitor may be able to process a claim for the injured party.
Childbirth can be a traumatic experience for the mother or the baby. Especially when negligence occurs during childbirth, causing birth injury types such as:
- Mother – perineal tears, soft tissue injuries, fractured bones, cuts, lacerations, bruising and scarring
- Baby – cuts, lacerations, scarring, disfigurement, fractured bones, hypoxia (leading to brand damage), and medical conditions such as cerebral palsy
General Surgery Negligence
To answer the question, are doctors liable for injuries caused by mistakes made in surgery? Yes, if harm was caused to the patient due to negligence on the part of a medical professional, they could be with examples being as follows:
- The surgeon slips, making a wrong incision
- The anaesthetist gets the mix of anaesthetic wrong, causing harm or even death to the patient
- Post-op care is shoddy, allowing the patient to contract an infection
General Practice And GP Negligence
People make claims against and lodge complaints about GP’s for two general reasons, and these are:
- The GP failed in their primary care role to diagnose and provide treatment for minor illnesses and injuries, and this failure harmed the patient in some way
- The GP failed to diagnose a more serious ailment correctly, and therefore the patient was not referred to the correct specialist for treatment, causing the medical condition to worsen due to the delay
These are the two primary responsibilities of a GP. When a GP does not meet these responsibilities due to negligence, a claim for compensation could be valid.
Hospital Injury Or Illness Negligence
It could be possible for patients to claim compensation in medical negligence cases related to injuries and illnesses sustained while in hospital. For example:
- A patient unable to care for themselves fully suffered an accident such as a slip, trip or fall whilst visiting the bathroom, due to inadequate care being provided
- Wrongfully prescribed medication, causing an illness or allergic reaction
- Negligently applied treatments, causing the injury treated to become worse
- Avoidable delays in providing treatment to a hospital patient, causing their medical condition to become worse
When a grave illness such as cancer is misdiagnosed, or the diagnosis is delayed, this can result in potentially life-threatening consequences to the patient. A delayed or misdiagnosis could mean the cancer is not treated rapidly, and it could progress during the period of the delay, reducing the chances of the patient making a recovery.
Should this be the case, and the patient’s medical condition has worsened, it could be possible to seek a cancer misdiagnosis settlement by filing a medical negligence claim against the party responsible.
To answer the question, what can I sue my dentist for? All of the following examples could be a valid cause to make a claim:
- The dentist made a mistake during a dental process, and caused a physical injury to a patient, such as cuts or lacerations
- During a procedure, a dentist removed or damaged a healthy tooth
- Following a dental procedure, the patient was not provided with adequate aftercare, leading to a gum infection
- Physical injuries caused by a dentist resulted in permanent facial scarring
Recorded Instances Of NHS Medical Negligence In Harlow
The table below, contains details of medical negligence NHS in the Harlow (Essex) region:
|Healthcare Provider||Claims Received (2017/18)||Number of Incidents (2017/18)||CNST Damages|
|Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust||13||6||2604951|
Data for this table was taken from:
No Win No Fee Clinical Negligence Claims In Harlow, Essex
If you decide to use a personal injury lawyer who offers a No Win No Fee service, you pay nothing when:
- The solicitor starts your claim – no upfront fee to pay
- While your claim is processed – no ongoing fees to pay
- If you don’t receive any compensation – no success fee to pay
Harlow And Essex Hospitals
The Princess Alexandra
Begin Your Claim
Do you need to find a medical negligence lawyer to make a medical negligence claim due to the negligent actions of a medical professional causing you harm?
If this is the case, speak to a member of our team on 0800 652 3087. They will explain how a claims service can help to get you the compensation you are eligible for.
The following links may contain useful info:
These other guides might also help you:
Article by MW