Have you been the victim of medical negligence? Have you suffered due to negligent care or treatment of a healthcare professional? If this is something that has happened to you in Leicester, you might well be looking into the option of working with medical negligence solicitors in Leicester. Our panel of medical negligence solicitors can cover the Leicester area and we could help you to determine the strength of your case and whether you might be able to secure compensation. Below, we will explain how to find the right solicitors for your case, the service our panel of expert medical negligence solicitors provide, and we will look at the different types of negligence claims too.
Choose A Section
- How To Find A Clinical Or Medical Negligence Solicitor For Your Claim
- Should I Use A Clinical Or Medical Negligence Near Me?
- Read Reviews Of Different Clinical Negligence Solicitors
- What Leicester Medical Negligence Cases Could Our Panel Of Experts Conduct?
- Your Injuries Could Be Assessed By Our Panel Of Doctors In The Leicester Area
- Negligent Surgery And Malpractice
- Birth Injury And Pregnancy Negligence
- Hospital Medical Negligence
- Compensation For Negligence In A Care Home
- Misdiagnosis Of Cancer
- Negligent Dental Care Claims
- General Practice Negligence
- Leicester NHS Trusts Medical Negligence Statistics
- No Win No Fee Leicester Medical Negligence Claims
- NHS And Private Hospitals In Leicester
- How To Start Your Claim
- Further Resources
If you have suffered any type of medical negligence you maybe already be in a state of distress and maybe not want the added pressure of pursuing a personal injury case. If you find the right solicitor for your case then any added stress will not be an issue. Keeping that in mind, here are the top five pieces of advice we give on choosing medical negligence solicitors:
- Go for a no win no fee solicitor – Here at Medical Negligence Assist, all of our panel of medical negligence solicitors work on a no win no fee basis, and there is a key reason for this. We want all those who have suffered due to negligence to be able to pursue for damages regardless of their financial state. With a no win no fee agreement, you only pay legal fees to the solicitor if your case is a success, and so you can be sure that a medical negligence solicitor will only take on your case if he or she genuinely believes it is strong enough.
- Make sure the solicitor is experienced – When it comes to securing compensation you may not want to take a risk on someone that has not handled many cases before. You might want to be safe in the knowledge that they have a good track record. You can be sure of this with our panel of expert medical negligence solicitors.
- Ensure that easy communication is available – The medical negligence lawyer should provide you with their telephone number and their email address, and they should be easy to get in touch with. You may not want to face a struggle every time you require an update.
- Read reviews from other clients – By reading what previous clients have had to say you might be able to get a good idea as to whether the personal injury solicitor you are considering is credible or not. We are sure you don’t want to use the services of someone if most of his or her previous clients have been dissatisfied.
- Make sure the solicitor has worked on cases similar to yours before – Experience is a must, but relevant experience is even more important in our opinion. Our panel of medical negligence solicitors can cover the Leicester area and they are sure to have experience in all cases.
A lot of people may believe that their only way to make a claim for an accident that happened in Leicester is to use medical negligence solicitors in Leicester. However, you don’t need Leicester clinical negligence solicitors. In today’s modern world, most services are handled over the telephone and via email, meaning there is no need to meet face-to-face. So, rather than simply choosing the most convenient legal team, you can choose the right one for your case. Our panel of medical negligence solicitors can cover the Leicester area and could help to establish if you have a valid case.
There is no denying that people might want to read medical negligence solicitors reviews. However, it would be wise to make sure that these reviews are from independent review platforms so that you can be certain of their authenticity. It is also advisable that you leave feedback yourself after you have used the services of a solicitor, as you can help others in your position.
In the next sections, we will take a look at examples of negligence our panel of expert medical negligence solicitors could handle. If you are unsure if you are eligible to claim or even who may be liable call Medical Negligence Assist and we will be able to shed some light on your case.
Your medical negligence solicitor could be from anywhere in the country but you may want your medical assessment done in your area for convenience. We have a panel of medical experts located in the Leicester area;
Top Floor of Peepul Centre, Orchardson Avenue
Mallika Sahebagouda Biradar
Leicester Eastgate Health Centre
19-27. Humberstone Road
Holmfield Consulting Rooms
No 1 Holmfield Court
There is no denying that surgery may come with risks. However, you should still expect a minimum standard of care. If an error, mistake or negligence has occurred during any type of surgery whether it be medical or for cosmetic reasons and you are harmed in a way that could have been avoided the basis for a claim may exist. Here are some examples of the different ways that surgical negligence could potentially happen:
- Leaving items inside of the patient’s body after an operation, for example, surgical instruments, swabs, and sponges.
- Carrying out surgery that was not necessary because of confusion involving patients themselves, X-rays, notes, as well as misdiagnosis.
- Operating on the incorrect part of the body or removing healthy organs or tissues.
- Accidentally severing vital nerves or blood vessels.
- Perforating healthy organs.
A birth injury could impact the mother or the baby, or both. Birth injuries could happen if both mother or baby are showing signs of distress but no action is taken, if procedures are not in place if the unborn baby is showing signs of oxygen problems, if actions are not taken to deliver the baby as the mother is showing signs of pre-eclampsia. To make a birth negligence claim the fact that negligence is present is not enough in terms of grounds, injuries, illness or harm must have been caused as a direct result of negligent behaviour or treatment. Some examples that could arise because of birth and pregnancy negligence may include:
- Fracturing a baby’s bones or causing hip dysplasia during a negligent delivery.
- Failing to identify when a baby or a mother is in distress which causes harm.
- Cerebral palsy caused by limiting a baby’s oxygen supply.
- Damage to organs, for example, the bladder, during a caesarean.
- Mismanaged pre-eclampsia which results in eclampsia.
- Third and fourth-degree perineal tears, and incorrectly performed episiotomies.
There are lots of hospitals in Leicester and the surrounding area, including both public and private hospitals. Hospitals do an amazing job they provide many services to the people in need, maybe they are sick, fractured a bone, need further testing, need physiotherapy, need treatment for an illness or disease, need surgery etc. Medical staff work tirelessly day in day out, accident and emergency departments never shut. However with the growing pressures and shortage of staff many staff are not able to provide the service they want to.
Examples of hospital negligence may include;
- Misdiagnosis receiving incorrect treatment for a totally different condition causing adverse effects.
- Delay in diagnosis causing a current condition to worsen.
- Prescription errors causing unnecessary illness.
- Mistakes during surgery, possible further surgery needed.
Sadly, in recent times there have been a number of cases in the news whereby care homes have landed themselves in hot water because of the mistreatment of patients. While there is no denying that healthcare in the UK, on the whole, is of a very good standard, including care home services. Placing any loved one in a care home can be a tough decision. However what can be even more traumatic is to discover that they have been neglected or abused in someway. This could be very devastating to come to terms to, especially if you have taken the decision to put a loved one in a care home because you believe it would be best for them. It is worth pointing out that there could be different ways that this type of negligence could happen aside from mistreatment, for example, your loved one could be given the wrong medication causing them to become ill or they may not have received the standard of general care they should have received which has allowed them to deteriorate.
Cancer is a disease that that could worsen over time if not diagnosed and treated in a timely manner. Quick diagnosis is essential to ensure that the individual can get the treatment they need as soon as possible. If the treatment is delayed because of a late diagnosis or the wrong treatment is provided because of a misdiagnosis, the consequences could be very severe. This could result in someone needing a much more intensive treatment than they otherwise would have needed. In some cases, this could even be fatal. If you have lost a loved one because of a late diagnosis of a disease, whether it was cancer or something else, our panel of medical negligence solicitors can cover the Leicester area if you need more advice call our team the number is at the bottom of the guide.
A lot of people may tend to think that they will only hire medical negligence solicitors in Leicester if they have suffered negligence from a doctor or nurse. However, this is not the case. You could also make a claim if you have been the victim of negligent dental care which has caused you harm. Examples of potential dental negligence could include, your dentist may not have diagnosed a condition correctly allowing it to worsen, they may have extracted the wrong tooth, or they could have caused further damage to your mouth while carrying out a treatment. No matter what has happened to you, give our panel of expert medical negligence solicitors a call today for more information.
Receiving the correct diagnosis or treatment when you visit a GP is vital as if something is missed diagnosed at such an early stage then it can throw the whole course of treatment and cause a delay in any action being taking including diagnostic testing. It is vital that if a GP is presented with symptoms they rule out every possibility to ensure a condition does not go untreated.
for more advice on GP negligence call Medical Negligence Assist and speak to an advisor about any concerns you may have.
To get a better understanding of the number of medical negligence incidents in Leicester, please refer to the table below. Please note this is only for NHS trusts. Private hospital data is not available.
|Claims received 17/18
|Number of incidents 17/18
|CNST Damages Paid
|University Hospital Of Leicester NHS trust
|£19, 025 131
One thing you should know is that all of our panel of expert medical negligence solicitors work on a no win no fee basis. You may have heard of this term before, yet you may not be quite sure regarding what it means. This means that all of our panel of medical solicitors agree that you will only need to pay their legal fees if they manage to secure compensation for you. Therefore, a percentage of your compensation will be given to the solicitor for their legal fees. This will be a percentage that is agreed on between both of you beforehand. If compensation is not awarded, you’re not going to need to pay for a service that has not been effective. There are so many benefits that are associated with this. Of course, you have the financial side of things but there are other advantages too. Because pay is performance-related, this means that our panel of expert medical negligence solicitors are accountable for the service they provide. This ensures that you benefit from the best possible service and that you have complete peace of mind.
There are a number of different hospitals in Leicester for those requiring medical assistance. This includes:
- Leicester Royal Infirmary
- Leicester General Hospital
- Glenfield Hospital
No matter what has happened, you can speak to our experts today if you have questions about claiming clinical negligence. You can speak to us between 8 am and 9 pm, any day of the week, on 0800 652 3087. Our panel of medical negligence solicitors can cover the Leicester area, meaning you don’t need medical negligence solicitors in Leicester.
Birth Injury – We talked a bit about medical negligence in terms of birth injury. Here, we talk more in-depth about this.
GP Claims – Here, we give more information specific to GP Claims
Edited by Melis