How To Claim Compensation For Medical Negligence In Mansfield
On this page, you will read a guide to choosing a team of medical negligence solicitors in Mansfield. Below, we cover many of the ways that medical negligence could happen, and how it could cause harm to a patient. We also offer essential advice on how to start looking for a firm of solicitors to process your claim for you.
If you have any questions about the contents of this guide, your claim, or the claims process in general, then please speak to one of our team. Our panel of medical negligence solicitors can cover the Mansfield area, and will be happy to give you any answers or information you need. You can speak to them on 0800 652 3087.
Choose A Section:
- How To Make Clinical Negligence Claims In Mansfield
- Should I Claim With Local Medical Negligence Experts?
- Exams Of Your Injury Could Be Carried Out By Our Panel Of Doctors In Mansfield
- Reviews Of Medical Negligence Experts May Be Helpful
- Clinical Negligence Claims You Could Make
- GP And Doctor Negligence
- Misdiagnosis Of Cancer
- Surgical Mistakes And Injuries
- Birth Injury And Trauma
- Hospital Clinical Negligence
- Hospitals In Mansfield
- Nursing Home Negligence
- Negligence By Dental Practitioners
- Mansfield And Nottinghamshire NHS Trusts – Reported Claims Data
- No Win No Fee Mansfield Medical Negligence Cases
- Contact Us
- Learn More
How To Make Clinical Negligence Claims In Mansfield
If you have never had any dealings with a solicitor in the past, the task of finding a good one may appear challenging at first glance. However, there are ways you can try to cut down on the effort involved, for example:
- At work, speak to your co-workers and ask if they can recommend a solicitor
- Speak to your friends and family members and ask if they can recommend a solicitor they have used in the past
- Reach out to your social connections on sites such as Facebook, and ask for recommendations
- Try and find an online solicitors’ review platform
All of these represent good ways to begin your search. However, there is a much simpler way which is to speak to one of our panel of expert medical negligence solicitors. They will explain how a No Win No Fee service can help you. They can provide critical information, such as which medical negligence claims time limit would apply to your case. Additionally, even if you have previously used an online personal injury compensation calculator, they will be able to give you a better idea of how much you could be able to claim in the way of medical negligence compensation.
Should I Claim With Local Medical Negligence Experts?
To answer the question, should I use medical negligence solicitors in my area? The answer is no this is not essential, not unless you want to. You can use any personal injury lawyer you choose because location doesn’t matter. The reason being that you can communicate with a personal injury solicitor by email, webchat, VoIP, or Skype no matter where they are based. A more important factor is how suitable and experienced the solicitor will be and how successful they would be at processing a medical negligence claim for you.
Exams Of Your Injury Could Be Carried Out By Our Panel Of Doctors In Mansfield
Something that every claimant can do to improve their chances of a successful outcome for medical negligence claim, is to get an impartial medical examination done. The results of this report is essential because it would be used to prove how seriously you were harmed through the negligence of a medical professional. We can arrange for you to have a free medical examination in the Mansfield area at the following:
|14 Woodhouse Road, Mansfield
Reviews Of Medical Negligence Experts May Be Helpful
There are online solicitor review platforms you can use to find someone to represent you and it could be a good place to start. You need to compare the following information:
- How old is the review?
- What was the claim for?
- Was the claim successful?
- Was the review positive?
- How much did the solicitor charge for their legal services?
Facts like these can be compared across a number of review platforms, and you can then select the best solicitor based on the data you collected. If you don’t have the time to do this, we can help. Speak to one of our team members who will explain why a No Win No Fee claims service is a good option and one that reduces any financial risks associated with personal injury claims filed in a traditional way.
Clinical Negligence Claims You Could Make
Mansfield residents can be harmed due to many types of medical negligence. For example:
- A GP fails to refer a patient for further treatment, causing their condition to worsen
- A serious illness such as cancer is misdiagnosed, causing a harmful delay in treatment and which could even prove to have been fatal
- A mistake during surgery physically harms the patient
- During childbirth, the mother or baby are injured due to negligence
- A mistake made by a dentist during a dental procedure caused the patient an injury
- Neglect at a care/nursing home causes harm to a resident
GP And Doctor Negligence
To answer the question, my GP made a mistake, can I sue the NHS? the answer would be that it may be possible to file a negligent claim, as long as the negligence caused you harm. For example:
- Your GP failed to refer you to the correct specialist for treatment, and your medical condition got worse because of this
- Your GP misdiagnosed your illness, and therefore, you did not receive the correct treatment, causing your medical condition to worsen
- Your GP prescribed the wrong medication, leading to an adverse reaction
Misdiagnosis Of Cancer
A wrongful or late diagnosis of an illness such as cancer, can have life-threatening implications for the patient. When the bad diagnosis is the result of negligence, and this causes the patient’s medical condition to worsen, or even their death, then a Mansfield medical negligence solicitor may be able to process a claim for the patient, or their dependants.
Surgical Mistakes And Injuries
When a surgical mistake injures a patient undergoing surgery, it could be possible to make a claim for hospital patient negligence. For example:
- A surgeon slips, and the scalpel injures the patient
- An anaesthetist makes a mistake, and the patient suffers an adverse reaction to the anaesthetic
- After the operation, care is lax and unhygienic, and the patient contracts an infection
Birth Injury And Trauma
Medical negligence during childbirth can cause an injury to the baby, mother or both. For example:
- Birth injuries to the mother:
- A fractured or damaged pelvis
- Soft tissue injuries such as a sprained pelvic floor muscle
- Perineal tears
- Cuts and bruises
- Death in extreme cases
- Birth injuries to the baby:
- Permanent health problems, such as cerebral palsy
- Serious brain damage
- Broken bones
- Cuts, bruising and lacerations
- Permanent scarring and disfigurement
- Death in extreme cases
When injuries such as these are the result of negligence during the birthing process, it could be possible to seek compensation by filing a medical negligence claim against the third party responsible.
Hospital Clinical Negligence
There are many ways that a person staying in a hospital, or who is attending as an outpatient, can come to harm due to negligence. For example:
- An incorrectly administered treatment such as a plaster cast, exacerbating an injury
- Exposure to harmful chemicals or radiation, causing the patient to become ill
- Cross infections caused by inadequate hygiene
- Insufficient care of a patient, leading to them suffering an injury through an accident due to lack of supervision
- Administering the wrong medication, or the wrong dose, leading the patient having an adverse or allergic reaction
In these examples, the negligent act of a member of the hospital staff has caused harm to a patient, and may be the basis of a claim that a medical negligence solicitor could pursue a claim on behalf of the injured party.
Hospitals In Mansfield
King’s Mill Hospital
Nursing Home Negligence
A nursing home is categorised as a medical establishment. Therefore, there are multiple levels of legislation that a nursing home must comply with at all times. These regulations are intended to ensure that residents of the care home are provided with a safe environment at all times. When compliance fails and this leads to a resident being harmed in some way, then a medical negligence lawyer may be able to process a claim for the injured party, a friend or family members who act as their litigation friend.
Negligence By Dental Practitioners
Dental negligence can result in injury or harm to a patient either while using an NHS dentist or a private dentist, for example:
- A dentist slips, cutting the patient with the drill
- Cuts and lacerations caused by a dentist leave permanent scars
- A dental nurse gives a patient too much anaesthetic, causing them to become ill
- Healthy teeth are harmed, or the gums are damaged or become infected
Mansfield And Nottinghamshire NHS Trusts – Reported Claims Data
These NHS negligence claims statistics relate to hospital & NHS negligence in the Nottinghamshire region:
|Claims Received (2017/18)
|Number of Incidents (2017/18)
|Mansfield & Ashfield Clinical Commissioning Group
Data for this table was taken from:
No Win No Fee Mansfield Medical Negligence Cases
If you use a No Win No Fee solicitor to process your claim for you there are not fees to find which is explained below:
- The solicitor first takes your claim on – there is no upfront fee
- While the solicitor is processing your claim for you – there are no ongoing fees
- If the solicitor fails to secure you any compensation – the success fee is waived
Have you been harmed by a negligent medical professional? Do you have questions about the clinical negligence claims process? Do you need to find a personal injury solicitor to process an NHS negligence claim for you? If you answered yes to any of these, we may be able to assist you.
Speak to one of our team on 0800 652 3087. They will discuss your claim with you, and then offer you free legal advice on how to proceed with pursuing a medical negligence claim against a responsible third party.
These additional links may contain some useful information:
These other guides, published elsewhere in this website, might provide you with additional, useful information:
Article by MW