On this page, you will find a guide to finding the right medical negligence solicitor for your case whether they be medical negligence solicitors in Newport or based somewhere else in the country. We will be covering examples in detail of different medical negligence scenarios and also how our panel of expert medical negligence solicitors could be of help to you.
You won’t find a personal injury claims calculator on this page, as we prefer to give personalised responses to such questions as how much you could claim. If you have any questions regarding medical negligence or if you are unsure if you are eligible to claim for compensation please do not hesitate to call our advisors 0800 652 3087. When you do speak to one of our panel of expert medical negligence solicitors, they can give you information such as the personal injury claims time limit that may apply in your case, as well as explain how your claim can be moved forward. Although you may be searching for medical negligence solicitors in Newport we will explain why location should never outweigh knowledge and expertise.
Choose A Section:
- How Do I Find A Solicitor To Conduct My Medical Negligence Claim In Newport?
- Look At Independent Reviews And Testimonials
- Does A Solicitors Location Matter To My Claim?
- What Circumstances Are Considered Medical Negligence And When Could We Help You?
- Our Nationwide Panel Of Doctors Could Assess Your Injuries In Newport
- Surgical Errors And Negligence
- Medical Malpractice During Childbirth
- Patients Rights After Negligent Hospital Care
- Can I Sue A Nursing Or Care Home?
- Missed Cancer Diagnosis And Treatment Errors
- Can I Claim For Dental Injuries?
- Can I Claim For Injury Caused By A GP?
- Data Related To Rates Of Medical Negligence In Wales
- No Win No Fee Medical Malpractice Claims In Newport
- Hospitals Serving The Newport Area
- How To Start Your Claim
- Additional Reference Materials
How Do I Find A Solicitor To Conduct My Medical Negligence Claim In Newport?
This guide, will answer questions such as, how do I find a solicitor? Can I get a free consultation with a solicitor? and also give key information that relates to your patient rights. We are also going to give plenty of advice and information on how you can simplify the process of finding a good legal team to process your claim for you. For example, the following methods are all great ways to begin your search for legal representation:
- Speak to your friends and family and ask if they have any recommendations.
- Use social networking sites such as Facebook or Twitter and ask your social contacts for recommendations.
- Find an online review site that includes solicitor reviews.
- Search the internet for solicitors that have a good rating.
- Ask your co-workers if any of them can recommend a good solicitor.
All of these are valid methods. However, a much simpler way is to let us do all the hard work for you. Our claims service can provide you with a free consultation and discuss with you your eligibility to make a medical negligence claim.
Look At Independent Reviews And Testimonials
One way to start creating a shortlist of legal firms that might be a good choice to process NHS negligence claims, is to use an online review site. These kinds of community-driven sites can be a good way to gather lots of comparative data very quickly. If you do take such action, be sure to make a not of the following kinds of information, so that you can compare the results at the end of the exercise:
- Is the review still new enough to be relevant now?
- Was the claim the review covers similar enough to your own to be relevant?
- Was the claim successful or not?
- Was the review generally positive or negative?
- Did the solicitor offer a No Win No Fee deal, and what percentage did they take as a fee?
Once you have gathered this kind of information, you can start comparing it, to identify any legal firms that might be a good choice. Alternatively, if you don’t have the time to do this, simply speak to a member of our team on the phone number down near the bottom of the page. They will explain how our claims service is a simple, stress-free way to have your claim processed.
Does A Solicitors Location Matter To My Claim?
You might think that you need to use a local legal firm to process your claim for you. This is incorrect. There is nothing to stop you using a local firm if you prefer, but there is no legal requirement to do so. A much better idea is to try and find a specialist personal injury solicitor, that is an expert in such claims. This could potentially improve the chances of your claim being successful, and also have an effect on the amount of compensation you are offered as a settlement.
What Circumstances Are Considered Medical Negligence And When Could We Help You?
In order for a medical negligence solicitor to be able to process a claim for you, then you must be eligible to claim, meaning negligence must have taken place. The following three statements must all be true:
- The medical professional had a duty of care towards you.
- This duty of care was not met, and this caused harm to the patient.
- The breach of duty of care was avoidable.
Typical examples of the reasons why people make these kinds of claims include:
- Mistakes during surgery which lead to injuries.
- Accidents during a dental procedure which lead to harm.
- Negligence during childbirth which caused unnecessary suffering.
- Misdiagnosis or late diagnosis which allowed a condition to worsen.
- Wrongly prescribed medication which caused adverse health effects.
- Wrongly administered treatment causing illness.
Our Nationwide Panel Of Doctors Could Assess Your Injuries In Newport
To support your personal injury claim, we recommend that you are examined by an impartial medical professional. The results of this examination can be submitted in support of your claim. Our panel of solicitors can arrange for you to receive a free medical examination in the Newport area as apart of your case, by this medical professional or a different one depending on location.
|Naeem Khan||Physiotherapy Dept||Near Newport||TF10 9AT|
|Lilleshall National Sports and Conference Centre|
Surgical Errors And Negligence
There are a number of issues that could lead a person to make a compensation claim for surgical error negligence, and these could include:
- Negligent injuries caused by the surgeon who is operating on the patient.
- Accidents involving the anaesthetist which cause the patient to feel pain.
- Negligent pre or post-op care which leads a patient to suffering unnecessarily.
- Pharmaceutical errors, being given the wrong medication or the wrong dosage which caused you to be ill.
Medical Malpractice During Childbirth
An instance of medical malpractice during childbirth can leave the mother with serious injuries, or the baby with catastrophic ones in the worst case. Even though injuries such as lacerations, cuts, bruising, perineal tears and damage to the pelvic muscles are all common, natural injuries a mother will suffer during childbirth, if they were caused by a negligent act, then it could be possible for the mother to claim. The baby can suffer injuries ranging from cuts and bruises, through broken bones, permanent scarring and disfigurement, to permanent brain damage and even death. If the injuries are sustained due to error, deviating from the correct procedures, mistakes, omission, carelessness they the harm suffered maybe deemed as negligent.
Patients Rights After Negligent Hospital Care
Every hospital, both private and NHS, must comply with a whole range of regulations that are aimed at keeping patients safe from harm. These regulations apply to every member of staff at a hospital, such as surgeons, specialists, technicians, nurses, and even canteen and cleaning staff. It is your right to expect the hospital to meet its regulatory obligations, and keep you safe from harm. If this doesn’t happen, and you are injured by the negligent actions of a member of the hospital staff, you could be able to make a medical negligence claim.
Can I Sue A Nursing Or Care Home?
To answer the question, can I sue a care home? then the answer would be, if the care home or one of its representatives is guilty of negligence, leading directly or indirectly to harm to one of the residents, then yes, it could be possible to make a claim. All nursing and care homes must provide a specific minimum level of care. This level of care is enforced by multiple bodies of legislation. Unfortunately, in a busy, understaffed home, the care level can slip, despite the fact the home is legally obliged to ensure that it doesn’t.
Missed Cancer Diagnosis And Treatment Errors
Few illnesses are as dependent upon swift treatment to maximise the chances of recovery as cancer. A wrongful or missed cancer diagnosis can be the difference between making a full recovery and facing much more extensive treatment or treatment being offered too late. If the error in diagnosis was due to negligence, then the victim could potentially claim for it if there has been unnecessary prolonged suffering.
Can I Claim For Dental Injuries?
A medical negligence lawyer could be able to process a claim for a person who has been injured by some form of dental negligence, for example:
- Avoidable damage or infected gums.
- Loss of healthy teeth.
- Extraction of the wrong tooth.
- Facial disfiguration and scarring.
If you have suffered an injury or illness due to negligent treatment at the dentist and it can be proven that the harm you have come to could have been avoided then you may have the basis for a dentist medical negligence claim.
Can I Claim For Injury Caused By A GP?
GP’s must have a broad knowledge of medicine to be able to perform their role correctly, patients who visit a GP’s surgery expect to receive a diagnoses and a course of treatment if necessary. If the doctor is unable to clarify what maybe the issue or diagnose the condition they can refer the patient for diagnostic tests or to see a specialist who could offer a precise diagnosis. If the GP fails in its role then the patient may suffer more so than they need to. If a patient receives a misdiagnosis they may be prescribed medication that they do not require which may cause them to become ill and their current condition which the GP has not diagnosed may get worse due to the absent treatment.
Data Related To Rates Of Medical Negligence In Wales
Within the NHS in Wales in the period of time covering the year 2018, the following statistics related to medical negligence are found:
- Liability for medical negligence £8.441million (estimated).
- The proportion of claims that were over £100,000 increased by 7% (data comparison of the last 5 years)
The information these statistics were based on came from this document:
No Win No Fee Medical Malpractice Claims In Newport
Our panel of expert medical negligence solicitors can cover the Newport area and the entirety of Wales and can offer no win no fee agreements to any claims that are taken on. There is no fee to start a claim, or while the claim is processed. If you don’t receive compensation, you don’t pay any fee to your legal team at all. If you do win your claim, the fee is deducted from the money the solicitor receives on your behalf, and then you receive the rest.
Hospitals Serving The Newport Area
St Joseph’s Hospital
Tel: +44 1633 820300
Opening hours: 8am to 80m, Monday to Saturday.
Royal Gwent Hospital
Tel: +44 1633 234234
How To Start Your Claim
Have you been injured by the negligent actions of a medical professional? Do you need to find a personal injury lawyer to assist you by processing your claim? If so, please speak to a member of our team on 0800 652 3087 today. They will explain how we can help you.
Additional Reference Materials
You may find the following links to be useful:
Edited by LisM.