Have you suffered due to medical negligence in Tynemouth and are you looking for medical negligence solicitors in the Tynemouth area? This guide has bee designed to explain what you need to look for when choosing the right medical negligence solicitor for your case. Within it, you will learn about different examples of medical negligence, and who may be eligible to pursue a claim. We will also provide you with some good advice on how to go about finding a good legal team to process your claim for you.
You may find that this guide does not answer all of your questions. If this turns out to be the case, we can still help you further. Our panel of medical negligence solicitors can cover the Tynemouth area, and you can speak to one of our team on 0800 652 3087 everyday, and they will be happy to answer any questions that you have.
Choose A Section:
- How Do I Choose The Right Clinical Negligence Solicitor?
- Should I Compare Clinical Negligence Solicitors?
- Should I Claim With A Solicitor In Tynemouth?
- Medical Checkups Could Be Carried Out By Our Panel Of Doctors In Tynemouth
- Clinical Negligence Claims Our Panel Of Solicitors Could Handle
- GP Malpractice Or Negligence
- Nursing Home Neglect Or Malpractice
- Dental Negligence Or Malpractice
- Negligence In Surgical Procedures
- Negligence In Childbirth
- Negligence In The Treatment Of Cancer
- Negligence In Hospital Care And Services
- Tynemouth Hospitals And Medical Practices
- Data Showing Rates Of Medical Negligence At NHS Trusts In This Area
- No Win No Fee Solicitors For Medical Negligence Claims In Tynemouth
- Contact Our Expert Team
- Helpful Resources
How Do I Choose The Right Clinical Negligence Solicitor?
Choosing a legal team to process your claim for you, can seem like a challenge at first. Especially if you have never dealt with a solicitor before. There are some ways you can approach the task intelligently though, for example:
- Friends or family members may be able to recommend a solicitor.
- Your work colleagues might be able to recommend a solicitor one of them has used.
- Online review sites can be a good place to start.
- Ask your Facebook contacts for recommendations.
Of course, these all take a little effort. We can provide you with a much simpler solution. You can use our panel of expert medical negligence solicitors, who can provide you with the help you need. Speak to one of our team members to find out which medical negligence claims time limit applies in your case, and also how much you may be able to claim (worth knowing, even if you have already used an online personal injury claims calculator).
Should I Compare Clinical Negligence Solicitors?
Reading medical negligence solicitor reviews and noting the pertinent facts, is a good way to compare clinical negligence solicitors. You should correlate information such as:
- The age of the review.
- The kind of claim the review covers.
- Whether it was a good or bad review.
- Whether the claim was a success.
- How much the solicitor charged as a fee.
If you don’t have time to go through this process, our claims service might be a good option. This is a simple to use, yet effective, and stress free way to have your claim processed. Call Medical Negligence Assist using the number at the bottom of the guide and they will be able to assist you.
Should I Claim With A Solicitor In Tynemouth?
To answer the question, is there any legal requirement for me to use medical negligence solicitors in my area? The answer is that no, you don’t have to stick to solicitors in the Tynemouth area if you do not want to. You can use any solicitor you think would be the best for your claim. It is a much better idea to choose a solicitor based on their suitability rather than location. After all, you can always use the phone, email, web chat, etc. to keep in touch with them.
Medical Checkups Could Be Carried Out By Our Panel Of Doctors In Tynemouth
You may need to be examined by an impartial doctor as part of your medical negligence claim. This will enable your solicitor to prove how severely you were harmed by clinical negligence. Our panel of expert solicitors can organise a medical examination in the Tynemouth area, from this doctor:
|North East Clinic
|Tyne and Wear
|52 Heaton Road
|Newcastle upon Tyne
Clinical Negligence Claims Our Panel Of Solicitors Could Handle
Clinical negligence can come in different forms. However, In order for a medical negligence solicitor to be able to process a claim, the patient must have come to harm in some way caused by a medical professional or healthcare provider being negligent. For example:
- A surgeon amputates the wrong limb due to misinterpretation of medical forms.
- A dentist extracts healthy teeth.
- A resident at a nursing home is mentally and physically abused.
- A GP does not refer a patient to a specialist allowing their condition to worsen due to lack of treatment.
- A midwife does not monitor a baby during delivery therefore does not pick up on distress which leads to oxygen deprivation.
- A wrongful or late diagnosis causes a patient’s medical condition to become worse.
GP Malpractice Or Negligence
If you visit a Tynemouth medical practice, and the GP fails to diagnose a condition which they would be expected to be able to diagnose and your condition gets worse due to lack of treatment, the service maybe considered as being negligent. All medical staff have a duty of care to those they treat and they are expected to be able to treat their patients’ appropriately and accordingly. GP’s are not expected to be able to diagnose and treat every condition that they see but if they are unsure they have the advantage of being able to transfer the patient for testing or to see a specialist.
Nursing Home Neglect Or Malpractice
Residents of a nursing or care home, are protected from negligence by multiple levels of legislation, all aimed at ensuring the home and its staff provide adequate care at all times. Unfortunately, despite these rules and regulations, negligence can still occur in care homes, resulting in a resident coming to harm. In these cases, if negligence can be proven, it could be possible for a claim to be made.
Dental Negligence Or Malpractice
Dental malpractice refers to patients becoming unnecessarily harmed due to negligent treatment from a dentist or their team. For example:
- Facial injuries leaving scars due to negligent treatment.
- A dentist might damage a healthy tooth.
- Injury to gums and surrounding mouth due to carelessness.
- Infections caused by poor hygiene.
Negligence In Surgical Procedures
Surgical negligence if present could cause some severe and life changing injuries. Surgeons must follow a code of ethical conduct and professionalism and are trained to exceptional levels. Negligence in surgery could occur if these levels of operational services are lowered beyond the minimum level.
Examples of possible surgical negligence may include;
- The surgeon performs an operation on the wrong part of the patients’ body.
- The anaesthetist makes a mistake, administering too much anaesthetic, causing the patient to have an adverse reaction.
- The patient contracts an infection due to lax post-op care.
If you have any questions regarding surgical negligence, maybe you are unsure if you are eligible to pursue a claim for surgical negligence or you are not sure who maybe liable call our advisors and they will attempt to answer any questions you may have.
Negligence In Childbirth
Injuries that happen in child birth can be severe whether to the mother or the child. Not all injuries that will happen during this time will be the responsibility of the medical staff as there are risks and also potential dangers that can happen. The mother is at risk of injuries such as perineal tears, retention of the placenta causing infection, internal organ damages due to incorrectly performed C-section. The baby can suffer injuries ranging from cuts or bruises, through broken bones, to disfigurement, permanent brain damage or even premature death. If these kinds of injuries are the result of medical negligence and could have been prevented had the correct procedures been in place, then a personal injury solicitor could be able to process a claim for them.
Negligence In The Treatment Of Cancer
A cancer patient depends upon receiving timely treatment, to give them the highest possible chance of recovering from this serious illness. Unfortunately, if treatment is delayed due to a misdiagnosis, or even a late diagnosis it can have severe effects on the patients health. If this delay threatens the recovery of the patient or caused them to suffer more than they should have and it was due to negligence then a clinical negligence solicitor could be able to process a claim for them for unnecessary suffering.
Negligence In Hospital Care And Services
Examples of hospital negligence could possibly include;
- Medication errors; being prescribed too much medication causing an overdose, or being prescribed medication the doctor is aware you are allergic to causing a reaction.
- Patients not being moved enough causing bed sores.
- Misinterpretation of x-rays causing a misdiagnosis.
- Contracting an infection due to poor hygiene standards.
Tynemouth Hospitals And Medical Practices
North Tyneside General Hospital
Tyne and Wear
Data Showing Rates Of Medical Negligence At NHS Trusts In This Area
This table shows information about NHS claims in the Tynemouth area:
|Claims Received (2017/18)
|Number of Incidents (2017/18)
|Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
Data for this table was taken from the following online resource:
No Win No Fee Solicitors For Medical Negligence Claims In Tynemouth
A No Win No Fee claims service, offers you a way for you to have your claim processed. There would be no fee to start working on your claim, and no fee while you claim is being processed. If your solicitor fails to get you any compensation at all, then you don’t pay any fee to them at all. You only pay a fee when the solicitor in question has received a compensation settlement for you. At this stage, the solicitor will automatically deduct their fee from the money received, and then send you the remainder.
Contact Our Expert Team
Have you been injured by the negligent actions of a medical professional in some way? Do you believe that you have a valid reason to start making a claim? If so, we can likely help you. Our team is available on 0800 652 3087. They will go over the circumstances of your case with you, and then offer you some free legal advice on how best to proceed with your case. In many cases, this advice will be to use our simple yet effective claims service, to get you the maximum level of compensation that you are eligible for.
You might find that these external links contain some useful information:
We have published many other guides on this site which could be of help to you, for example:
Edited by LisM.