On this page, we have complied a guide to assist you if you are looking to use medical negligence solicitors in Ashton-Under-Lyne to process your medical malpractice claim. In the sections below, you will learn all about some of the ways that clinical negligence can happen, and why this could lead to you being eligible to make a claim for any harm you suffered as as a result.
Every claim is different, so you may find you have questions that this guide doesn’t answer. If this is the case, please speak to a member of our claims team on 0800 652 3087. They will answer your questions, go over your claim with you, and explain how our panel of expert medical negligence solicitors who cover the Ashton-Under- Lyne area can help you get the compensation you deserve.
Choose A Section:
- Choosing A Solicitor For Your Medical Negligence Case
- Reviews Of Medical Claims Solicitors And Law Firms
- Medical Negligence Cases Do Not Need To Be Conducted By A Local Law Firm
- The Doctors On Our Panel Could Conduct You Medical Examination
- Medical Negligence Examples
- GP Negligence Cases
- Dentist Negligence Cases
- Birth And Midwife Negligence Claims
- Cancer Negligence Cases
- Surgery Negligence Cases
- Hospital Negligence Cases
- Nursing Home Negligence Cases
- Hospitals Treating Patients In Ashton-Under-Lyne
- Statistics Information For Medical Claims Made Against NHS Trusts In This Area
- How To Make A No Win No Fee Medical Malpractice Compensation Claim
- Start Your Medical Compensation Claim
- Where To Learn More
Choosing A Solicitor For Your Medical Negligence Case
If you are facing the challenge of finding a legal firm to process a negligence claim for you, you may feel this is a daunting task. If so, don’t worry, there are a few ways you can make the task simpler, for example:
- Social networking sites are a good place to ask for recommendations.
- Online review sites are can prove useful as you can check out a number of solicitors at once.
- Your friends or family might be able to recommend one.
- You can ask your work colleagues whether they can recommend one.
Of course, even if you take these shortcuts, you are still going to have to put some effort into finding a solicitor. We can offer you a much simpler alternative. You can speak to one of our claim advisors on this number at the end of this page. They will also give you information such as the medical negligence claims time limit that will apply for your claim and explain how our panel of medical negligence solicitors can cover the Ashton-Under-Lyne area, and can help you by processing your claim for you.
Reviews Of Medical Claims Solicitors And Law Firms
If you can manage to locate a website that carries plenty of medical negligence solicitor reviews, this could be a really good place to start your search. If you try this, be sure to compare information such as:
- The age of the review.
- The kind of claim it covers.
- Whether it was good or bad.
- How much the solicitor charged.
- Whether the claim was a success.
Facts like this will be able to help you sort the good from the bad, and shortlist a number of legal firms with some luck. If you don’t have time to do this, you can always speak to one of our claim advisors who could match you with a solicitor from our panel.
Medical Negligence Cases Do Not Need To Be Conducted By A Local Law Firm
To answer the question, do I need to use a team of medical negligence solicitors in my area? The answer is that there is no legal requirement for you to do so, but you can if you wish. More important than the location of your solicitor, is whether they will be the right legal team to process your claim, with the best chance of success. Using email, the phone or webchat, you can keep in touch with your lawyer no matter where they are based in the UK.
The Doctors On Our Panel Could Conduct You Medical Examination
In all medical negligence cases, it is beneficial for the claimant to undergo an impartial medical examination, to prove the extent of the harm they have suffered. The assessment will be used as the basis of your claim. We work with a panel of medical experts local to you area, Ashton Under Lyne so this meaning that if you choose to utilise our panel of medical negligence solicitors, you will not need to travel far to see the medical practitioner.
|West Pennine Consulting Rooms
|Ashton Under Lyne
Medical Negligence Examples
There are many shapes that clinical negligence can take, that could cause harm to a patient. Medical negligence examples include:
A GP failing to ensure a patient gets treatment, causing the patient’s health to suffer.
- A dentist injuring a patient during a dental procedure, due to a mistake.
- A mother or baby is injured due to negligence during childbirth.
- A cancer patient’s treatment is delayed due to a negligent diagnosis.
- Accidents caused by negligence during an operation inure the patient.
- Negligent care in a nursing home leads to a resident being harmed.
- Accidents caused by hospital negligence harm a member of the public.
GP Negligence Cases
When we feel unwell, we attend our GP, who we expect to provide us with a diagnosis and the correct treatment in order to assist us with our recovery. In most circumstances this is done, however, on occasion a general practitioner can let their standards slip. In GP negligence cases, the GP will have failed in one of their two primary care roles, and these are:
- Diagnosing and treating minor illnesses and injuries.
- Diagnosing more serious injuries, and referring the patient on for further treatment.
Whenever a GP makes a mistake, that means a patient goes without the right treatment, or that treatment is delayed, this could cause the patient’s health to suffer. And in this situation, it could be possible for the patient to claim compensation through a doctor negligence lawsuit.
Dentist Negligence Cases
In just the same way that every medical professional has a duty of care towards their patients, a dentist is legally obliged to keep you free from harm whilst under their care. Negligence at a dental surgery can cause injuries such as:
- A fractured or damaged jaw.
- The loss of healthy teeth.
- Infections of the gum or mouth.
- Cuts, lacerations and scarring.
When injuries such as these are caused by a negligent dentist, the patient who has been harmed could have a valid dentist negligence case. If you have suffered at the hands of your dental surgery call us today to discuss your options.
Birth And Midwife Negligence Claims
All pregnancies and childbirths are complex. Here in the UK, we are lucky to have highly trained midwives, pediatricians and doctors who are trained to deal with all of the complexities that child birth brings. A mother and the baby are at risk during childbirth, if errors are made by the staff who are caring for them. For example:
- The mother can suffer injuries ranging from cuts and bruises, through soft tissue injuries, fractured bones and perineal tears, to death in extreme cases.
- Incorrect use of forceps or failing to notice that the baby is in distress could cause the baby to suffer injuries ranging from cuts, bruises, fractures and permanent disfigurement, to serious conditions such as Cerebral Palsy, or even death.
Cancer Negligence Cases
When a person finds out they have cancer, it is very upsetting for both them and their loved ones. It could be even more distressing to find out that the negligence of medical staff meant that you were given a late diagnosis or were misdiagnosed entirely. In cancer negligence cases, a misdiagnosis or late diagnosis, can cause a life-threatening delay in a patient receiving the treatment that they need. In the best case, the delay will lower the chances of the patient making a full recovery. In the worst case, it could result in death. Therefore, if a patient suffers any kind of harm due to the negligent diagnosis, then this could be a valid basis for a claim.
Surgery Negligence Cases
As all surgeries come with risks, therefore a claim for surgical negligence can be hard to establish. The onus is on the patient to prove that surgical staff breached their duty of care to the patient by providing substandard care which has resulted in adverse and avoidable health consequences.
Examples of surgical negligence cases when a patient who is undergoing a surgical procedure is injured in some way, due to an act of omission of surgical staff can be found below.
- Wrong-sited surgery which has possibly led to the removal of healthy organs.
- An anaesthetist could make a mistake in administering too much or too little anaesthetic, causing the patient to suffer an adverse reaction.
- Care after the operation might be lax, and this then causes the patient to contract an infection.
Hospital Negligence Cases
Hospitals are extremely busy and fast paced at all times. Usually, the care we receive a hospital is of a high standard but when a person is visiting or staying at a hospital, the failure of hospital staff to provide adequate care can result in unfavorable circumstances. Some examples of which can be found below.
- An X-Ray or MRI scan exposes the patient to a harmful dose of radiation.
- Injuries are treated poorly, leading to them not healing properly and resulting in avoidable infections.
- It is also possible that mistakes are made when prescribing medication, leading to a patient having an adverse reaction and severe and avoidable side effects.
Nursing Home Negligence Cases
Nursing and care homes need to comply with all legislation related to the level of care they provide, at all times. Unfortunately, the combination of overworked, poorly paid, and minimally trained care staff, can lead to care levels dropping. When this happens, it could be seen as negligence. If this then results in a resident of the home coming to harm in some way, it could be possible for a personal injury lawyer to process a claim on behalf of the injured resident. An example of such negligence could be if staff fail or omit to correctly turn a bed bound resident and this has resulted in infected bed sores. Also, the incorrect use of a hoist or lifting techniques could cause the resident to suffer unnecessary fractures. Negligence that occurs in care or nursing homes could have devastating consequences for an already vulnerable resident and their loved ones and is arguably one of worst types of medical negligence. If you or your loved one have suffered this type of negligence and want to discuss your options, please do not hesitate in contacting us using the information at the bottom of this guide.
Hospitals Treating Patients In Ashton-Under-Lyne
Statistics Information For Medical Claims Made Against NHS Trusts In This Area
The table below, gives data on the occurrences of NHS negligence in the Tameside area:
|Claims Received (2017/18)
|Number of Incidents (2017/18)
|Tameside and Glossop Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust
Data for this table was taken from the following online resource:
How To Make A No Win No Fee Medical Malpractice Compensation Claim
If you choose to make a claim with our panel of medical negligence solicitors, they will be able to provide you with a No Win No Fee agreement. This means that if you have a valid claim and it is unsuccessful, you will not have to pay any of your solicitors fees. If you claim is successful then a fee of up to 25% will be deducted from your damages. The percentage will be agreed between you and your solicitor by way of a conditional fee agreement at the beginning of your claim process. If you have more questions regarding a No Win No Fee claim, or you wish to discuss your options, please do not hesitate to contact us today.
Start Your Medical Compensation Claim
Have you been the victim of clinical negligence that has caused you harm? Do you need the help of a medical negligence lawyer to make a personal injury claim? If so, please speak to our team on 0800 652 3087 today. They will give you some free legal advice on the best way to proceed with your claim.
Where To Learn More
You may find these external links to be of some use:
Tameside and Glossop Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust
Opening hours: 24 hours.
You may also like to check out these guides:
Edited by Charlotte.