Despite the fact that NHS and private healthcare practitioners are heavily regulated, medical negligence can still result in a patient coming to harm while receiving treatment. If you have been unfortunate enough to become a victim of medical negligence, this guide will help you learn about the process of using medical negligence solicitors in Richmond upon Thames to process a claim for you.
When a medical professional betrays the trust you have placed in them, and caused you unnecessary harm, you face the task of working through the process of finding a solicitor, and trying to make a claim against a healthcare organisation. This may seem a daunting task, but it is one that we can help you with. If you speak to our team of advisors on 0800 652 3087, they will explain how our panel of expert medical negligence solicitors can be of assistance in this task.
Choose A Section:
- A Guide To Picking Your Medical Claims Expert
- Will I Have To Pick A Local Solicitor Or Law Firm?
- Could It Help To Check Out Medical Negligence Solicitors Reviews?
- Our Expert Panel Of Doctors Covering Richmond upon Thames May Examine Your Health
- Claims Our Panel Of Specialist Clinical Negligence Solicitors Could Conduct
- Birth And Obstetric Negligence Claims
- Claims Against A GP
- Hospital Negligence Claims
- Neglect In Residential Care Homes
- Surgical Negligence
- Cancer Misdiagnosis And Negligence
- Sue Your Dentist For Malpractice
- NHS Negligence Claims Stats In Richmond
- Clinical Negligence Claims Under No Win No Fee Agreements
- Hospitals Serving The Borough Of Richmond upon Thames
- Talk To Our Team
- Clinical Services In The Area And Additional Claims Guides
A Guide To Picking Your Medical Claims Expert
If you have been the victim of medical negligence in the Borough of Richmond, you may feel overwhelmed at facing the task of finding a solicitor to process your claim. Especially if you have never used a legal team before. Some good news here, is there are some ways you are a few different ways the task more efficiently, such as:
- Ask for a recommendation from your connections on social networking sites.
- Use an online reviews website to compare a group of legal teams.
- Talk to friends and family members and find out whether they can recommend a solicitor.
- Talk to your work colleagues, and ask if they could suggest a personal injury solicitor.
These are all good shortcuts, but they will still take some effort to carry out. A far simpler way to get good legal representation, is to use our claims service. Our panel of medical negligence solicitors can cover the Richmond upon Thames area. Speak to a member of our claims team to learn more, such as which medical negligence claims time limit would apply, and how much you might be able to claim (even if you already used a personal injury claims calculator to get a rough figure).
Will I Have To Pick A Local Solicitor Or Law Firm?
Are you asking yourself the question, is there a reason to use medical negligence solicitors in my area? If you are, we can help you out here. You don’t need to use a local solicitor; you can use any solicitor you like. Instead of taking the location of your legal team into consideration, as part of the decision-making criteria, you could be concentrating more on finding the best legal firm to process your claim for you.
Could It Help To Check Out Medical Negligence Solicitors Reviews?
A good starting point for your search for a suitable solicitor, is to check our online review sites. Medical negligence solicitor reviews could be a great source of initial information. We advise that you read each review carefully, and compare the reviewer’s circumstances with your own, to ensure the review is actually relevant. Leaving honest, detailed reviews of a solicitor is a great way to help others as well.
However, an online review is only going to tell you so much about a solicitor. And in truth, not all reviews are always factually correct, or even honest in the worst cases. So, while reviews are a useful resource, they should not be the only deciding factor in choosing your solicitor.
Our Expert Panel Of Doctors Covering Richmond upon Thames May Examine Your Health
Do you know how severe your injuries are? Are they considered minor, moderate or severe? And what likely effect will your injuries have on your life in the short, medium and long-term? In order to value your claim, a solicitor needs this information. This means that having a medical examination is a critical part of the personal injury claim process. We work with a panel doctors who are local to your area:
|Jeremy Harris||The Vineyard Surgery||Richmond||TW10 6PP|
|35 The Vineyard|
|Vince Grippaudo||The Vineyard Surgery||Richmond||TW10 6PP|
|35 The Vineyard|
Claims Our Panel Of Specialist Clinical Negligence Solicitors Could Conduct
There are many ways that Richmond medical malpractice could harm a patient. Its should be noted that negligence alone is not cause to make a claim, the negligence must have directly or indirectly caused a person harm. For example:
- A resident of a care home comes to harm, due to negligent care.
- A dental patient sustains an injury due to a dentist making a mistake.
- Accidents caused by negligence in a hospital, that cause harm to a member of the public.
- A baby or the mother is harmed during childbirth, due to a negligent act.
- A GP makes a mistake, causing a patient’s medical condition to worsen due to a delay in treatment.
- Mistakes are made during a surgical procedure, and this harms the patient being operated on.
- A cancer patient suffers a worsening of their health, or even death, due to some form of negligent diagnosis.
Birth And Obstetric Negligence Claims
A mother and her baby are always at some level of risk during childbirth. However, when negligence occurs, these risks increase, and could cause injuries such as:
- A baby may fall victim of injuries ranging from lacerations, bruising, broken bones and permanent scarring, to conditions such as cerebral palsy, or even death in the worst case.
- A mother may fall victim of injuries ranging from lacerations and bruises, through soft tissue injuries, broken bones and perineal tears, to death in the worst case.
Claims Against A GP
Making a visit to your GP is the first thing you think of if you believe you have a new health issue. Your GP and their staff, including clinical nurses, are required to provide treatment in a way that does not cause the patient any avoidable harm. This means that even something as simple as delaying a diagnosis could lead to a patient’s health suffering and resulting in a valid claim for medical negligence. Your GP could also fail to provide their expected standard of care if they cannot ascertain your symptoms and fail to refer you to a specialist. For further examples of GP negligence. Please read here.
Hospitals are busy places. Overworked staff, budget cuts and increased patient numbers all combined place a hefty strain on the healthcare system. What this means in reality, is healthcare workers are expected to work harder, and shoulder more responsibility than ever before. This increased pressure can lead to mistakes, resulting in undue harm to a patient such as:
- Poorly carried out tests which could expose a patient to harmful substances, causing undue illnesses or side effects.
- Treatment that has been poorly administered could cause an injury to become worse.
- The administered of the wrong medication for a patient, causing avoidable and harmful side effects.
If you were to be injured whilst visiting or staying in a hospital due to negligence, then it could be possible for a solicitor to help you to make hospital negligence claims.
Neglect In Residential Care Homes
It is not always doctors and other medical professionals that are the perpetrators of medical negligence in Richmond. Care staff working in a residential nursing home are required to maintain a safe level of care for their residents, at all times. This is enforced by regulations and health and safety standards, all of which are intended to enforce a standard level of care. Unfortunately, in a busy care home staffed by overworked employees, compliance can slip unintentionally. When these compliance requirements are not met, this could be deemed as negligence, and when this results in harm to a resident, it could be possible to claim for adult social care negligence. Examples of negligence in a care home can be found here.
All surgeries come with risks, whether they are emergency, elective or cosmetic and this is sometime that a patient understands. However, if surgical staff have been negligent in their duties and this causes unnecessary pain and suffering for a patient, then a claim for surgical medical negligence could be made. Examples of such negligence could be seen below.
- Post-op care is substandard, and the patient catches an avoidable infection.
- Swabs, and other surgical tools are left inside the patient after the op.
- A surgeon makes a mistake with a scalpel, and cuts the patient in the wrong place.
- Mistakes are made administering the anaesthetic, resulting in the patient to suffer and adverse reaction.
Cancer Misdiagnosis And Negligence
Cancer requires rapid treatment in order for the patient to have the best chance of recovery. Treatments such as radiotherapy and chemotherapy have the best chance of working when they are utilised in early cases of cancer. A negligent diagnosis such as a misdiagnosis or a late diagnosis, could lead to the patient’s condition becoming worse, or even their death. In cases such as these, it could be possible for a medical negligence solicitor to process a claim for cancer misdiagnosis and negligence.
Sue Your Dentist For Malpractice
All staff in a dental surgery are required to keep patients safe, in the same way as any medical professional. If a patient has received substandard care and this has resulted in undue suffering then a successful claim for dental medical negligence could be made. Such examples of dental malpractice could include:
- Removal of the incorrect tooth, resulting in the loss of a perfectly healthy tooth.
- Cuts and possibly scarring of the face.
- Gum infections.
- Fractures of the jawbone.
If you believe that you are a victim of dental negligence and your injury is not listed above, please contact us using the information below, where one of our impartial legal advisors could talk through your options.
NHS Negligence Claims Stats In Richmond
This table gives information on NHS negligence claims stats for the Richmond area:
|Healthcare Provider||Claims Received (2017/18)||Number of Incidents (2017/18)||CNST Damages|
|Hounslow and Richmond Community healthcare NHS trust||5||0||*|
Data for this table was taken from the following online resource:
Clinical Negligence Claims Under No Win No Fee Agreements
Our panel of medical negligence solicitors offer No Win No Fee agreements. This means that you will not have to pay any of your solicitors fees should your claim be deemed unsuccessful. If you would like to discuss the benefits of a No Win No Fee agreement, contact us on 0800 652 3087.
Hospitals Serving The Borough Of Richmond upon Thames
- West Middlesex University Hospital
- Kingston Hospital
- Parkside Private Hospital
- Ealing Hospital
Talk To Our Team
If you have been the victim of private or NHS negligence, our claims service can connect you with a panel of medical negligence solicitors to process your claim. For more information about this service, please speak to a member of our clinical negligence claims team on 0800 652 3087.
Clinical Services In The Area And Additional Claims Guides
These links could be of use:
Twickenham Rd, Isleworth, TW7 6AF.
These other guides are also useful to you:
Written by Mac.
Edited by Charlotte.