Those living within the territory of the United Kingdom are proud to be living in a nation that has an excellent healthcare system. The medical system in the United Kingdom, in fact, is considered to be the best healthcare system in the whole of Europe. In spite of having a top-drawer medical system, the instances of medical negligence are not uncommon in this country. The doctors and surgeons have their own excuse to offer. They can say that they are human beings and can make mistakes. However, such an excuse would not alleviate the pain and suffering of the patient who has suffered at the hands of these medical practitioners. The number of surgical errors is rising day by day. If you have sustained a surgical error due to the acting surgeons’ negligence, you have the right to file surgical medical negligence claims.
Surgical Negligence: A Common Medical Error in the UK
Surgical negligence is one of the common forms of clinical negligence in the United Kingdom. All sorts of surgeries, minor or complex, have their own risks. Before conducting a surgical procedure, the surgeon needs to inform the patient about the risks involved in the surgery. He should seek the patient’s consent before executing the surgery. If a surgeon fails to explain the surgical risks or the patient’s approval before the procedure, conducts the operation and the patient undergoes pain and suffering, the victim can file surgical error claims against the surgeon.
Common Surgical Errors
‘Surgical mistakes” happen to be an umbrella term covering all sorts of negligence that have lead to the pain and suffering of the patient during a surgical process. It is important to point out that not only the mistakes committed at the time of operation but also the post operative complications come in this category. Some of the common surgical errors have been listed below:
• Wrong surgical process
• Improper administration of anaesthetics giving rise to irrecoverable medical issues coupled with prolonged unconsciousness
• Retention of surgical devices within the body
• Damage caused to nerves, muscles and tissues
• Perforation of other organs at the time of operation
• Inability to dress open wounds appropriately
• Inability to inform the patient and his family members about the risks involved in the surgical procedure
You can approach our clinical negligence solicitors to know if your case falls into the category of medical negligence and if you can make claim for compensation after a surgical error case.
How Can We Help You?
We are a legal firm with an expert team of solicitors. Our legal team has the experience of dealing with various sorts of clinical negligence claims. We specialise in surgical negligence claims. We have satisfied clients all over the United Kingdom. If you want to avail comprehensive legal solutions following your surgical negligence case, approaching us can be the ideal option.
Our legal services include:
• Free legal consultation before the filing of case and the commencement of legal proceedings.
• Document assimilation and assessment of the case. We will help you collect the documents required for establishing your claims in the court.
• We offer Post-litigation support. We will ensure that you receive the compensation payout within a short span of time after winning the case.
• We will handle the insurance companies on your behalf.
We always attempt to represent you surgery negligence case in the best way possible. We help you to extract the highest amount of surgery negligence compensation from the guilty party. Have faith on us. We will do our best to help you win compensation.